We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

Hi, I am planning a family ( 3A+2C)trip to Delhi - Agra - Jaipur from Bangalore. I am planning to reach Delhi by flight & return also by air. I need suggestions on following a) package tour vs individual tour , b) Good hotels for family ( Best Value & where ), c) minimum recommended days for visit d) transfer between airports & Hotel . I went through the forum , but not fully, since most of the writings were focused on foreigners visiting India rather than Indians visiting other Indian places !! Planned dates are during Dashera Oct 14 to 19.

Vaibhav Tourism Services Pvt Ltd
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
When In India Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Taj Mahal Day Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
India City Walks
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
1. Re: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 13:35
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
386 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

Cant offer all details as information is sketchy. With a family of 5, individual tour is a good option. I can give you choices based on the assumption that you are not short of time.

1. Agra - 2 days. Hire a cab for full day and visit Taj and Fatehpur Sikri the sme day. Can do Fort and local markets without a full day cab.

2. Jaipur - 2-3 days. Book early as getting hotel may be tough and expensive. Local transport is relatively cheap.

You can take trains that are comfortable (Delhi-Agra by Taj Express or Shatabdi, Delhi- Jaipur by Shatabdi)

Staying - it depends how much you want to spend. TA has very good details.

Transfer between hotel to airport - just book a taxi with one of the fleet services (Easy Cab, Meru, Mega cabs) but do tell them that you are 5 passengers and with luggage. Book at least a day in advance.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

HI, Thanx, That was good information

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

Delhi

1. Best hotel in money value can be The park, CP, City park, Pitampura.

2. You can hire a cab.

3. Individual tour would be recommended.

Agra

1. ____________

2. Hire a cab (Travel to jaipur via train)

3. Package tour would be recommended.

(Place is crowded as it is not at all developed in terms of transport and local, but sights are great)

Jaipur

1. Ashoka hotel

2. Hire a cab from railway station

3. Both package and individual can be performed easy, just dont get mugged.

Recommended Package if you want Golden triangle tour.

top-travels.com/cultural-tours/golden-triang…

but this one would be bit of luxury tour, so you might have to get your pocket off.

you can negotiate with them, they are luxury so clearly tell them your wants and budget otherwise they will give you what is recommended for foreigners.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

As that is very busy time during dussehra so plan and book early. You can travel between cities by trains and can use local transport like Autorikshaw or hire taxi for full day.

Deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
263 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

If you can book cab and hotels in all the 3 destinations directly, then you can do it yourself or you can book the package through some tour operator. As this is a very popular tour, many tour operators would be able to offer you this package. Minimum recommended days - Delhi 2/3, Agra 1, Jaipur 2/3.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

Pai,

You could plan your stay as Delhi (2 nights), Agra (1 night) & Jaipur (2 nights)

For hotels, you can always use the TA rankings, but some that I could recommend are:

Delhi: Hotel Kingston Park / Hotel Almondz

Agra: Hotel Taj Resorts / Hotel The Retreat

Jaipur: Hotel Om Niwas / Rajputana Haveli

Delhi, Agra & Jaipur is well connected by road & rail. But I would personally recommend a road trip. You can hire a car for sightseeing and airport transfers. It is better to get an all-inclusive cost from a transport provider depending on the choice of your vehicle.

Titus.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

thanks to all, that was good information ! I have now booked a tour operator after considering 3 offers. from airport to till back to airport is covered fully with travel, taxes, and hotel. thanks....

9. Re: Delhi - Agra - Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 07:19