We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chilanko Forks...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

We are two women in our 50's arriving Delhi beginning Nov for just over a month. Had planned to take the train and buses but after reading all the posts on TA wonder whether it's more advisable to hire car/driver/guide and if so should we try and arrange from this end or...? Are all of Agra, Varanasi, Jaipur, Rathambore, Pushkar, Udaipur,Jodhpur (not in the thick of things),Jaislmer, Bikaner, Mandawa too much, which to leave out? We want to leave time to visit a family I sponsor in the Kerala area and possibly do some volunteer work then spend at least a few days in Goa as we're booked to fly home from there. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1. Re: Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2013, 01:14
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

Hello,

It is advisable to hire private car and driver from reliable company to enjoy holidays at own pace. month is good enough to explore above places. Suggested route for your trip.

Arrival Delhi (2/3 days)

Delhi to Varanasi by air or overnight train (2 to 3 days)

Varanasi to Agra by overnight train (2 days)

Agra to Ranthambore by car (2 /3 days)

Ranthambore - Jaipur (2 /3 days)

Jaipur - Pushkar (1 day)

Pushkar to Udaipur (2 / 3 days)

Udaipur to Jodhpur visiting ranakpur on the way (2 days)

Jodhpur to Jaisalmer by surface (2 /3 days)

Jaisalmer to Bikaner (2 days)

Bikaner to mandawa (2 days)

Mandawa to Delhi (1 night)

Take flight for kochi next day and from kochi take flight to Goa

Thanks,

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

I agree with above itinerary and i am sure you will enjoy it a lot with a car and driver for rajasthan part. Let me know if you would like some drivers recommendation. Good luck

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

Out of the one month that you have in total, it looks like you should allocate about 20 days for the Rajasthan part and then the balance for Kerala visit / volunteering and Goa.

In the first 20 days, you should decide whether you want to do a lot of places, with 1-2 nights (only 1 day's sightseeing) in each place, or whether you want to do fewer places but explore them in more detail. If your objective is to visit as many towns as possible, then look up a map, and work your way geographically along Rajasthan. A typical circular driving tour starting and ending in Delhi could be Delhi (3 nights) - Mandawa (1) - Bikaner (2) - Jaisalmer (2) - Desert Camp (1) - Jodhpur (2) - Ranakpur (1) - Udaipur (2) - Bundi (1) - Jaipur (3) - Agra (1) - Delhi (1). See the google map here which I have created for you. http://goo.gl/maps/n1EpG In calculating drive times, please use an average of 40-50 kms per hour and don't rely on the drive time you see online on maps etc.

From Delhi, you can fly to Cochin or Trivandrum (Kerala), depending on which is closer to your sponsored family and volunteering opportunity. Since you have not mentioned details, I am unable to provide advice on how to arrange 5-7 days in Kerala. From Cochin, there are flights to Goa, or there is an overnight train, and you can spend 3-4 days in Goa just relaxing.

Regards

Deepa

Edited: 10 October 2013, 03:24
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

Hi!

I am sure your trip to India will be a memorable experience. Goa is a great place to relax at the end, and I recommend the Hyatt Resort there... very nice.

I also recommend you get help from a great tour agency:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304551-d4…

Ask for Tarun - he is the best. I was amazed at how great he was. Good luck!

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

Above all good suggestions. But trying to ask personally to 3-4-5 peoples and your all confusing is over. All is good in India specially if you are USA or Canada.

All above are belonging to good travel agencies of Delhi or India.

Have fun to ask personally.try it!!

Cheers

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

The route which you have suggested is quite Ok, also as you will travel in November so it will be a better month for you to visit Rajasthan and nearby places. Also I will suggest you to do the tour in reverse order and from Varanasi you can take a flight to Goa or Cochin as per your choice, I will suggest you to stay 15 days in Rajasthan, Agra & Varanasi and after that you can spend 07 days in Kerela visiting THekkady, Munnar, Cochin, Periyar & Kumarakom, After that you can go to Goa to explore beaches. Also I will suggest you that you can take the help of Holiday India Travel to organize your tour.

8. Re: Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 12:23
S M
Merseyside
Level Contributor
594 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

Poonam - 50 is the new 40!

Bus and train (train particularly) will be fine!

10. Re: Travelling Golden Triangle - UNDECIDED & CONFUSED!

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 12:23