We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

history of india

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NEW DELHI
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
history of india

I have in depth knowledge of indian history,geography,spiritual theories and its impact on Indian political history. How can i be useful to the tourists coming to India?

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: history of india

Have you read John Keas.

If no, then you know nothing about India.

2. Re: history of india

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 12:23
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: history of india

Hi-

If you want come in touch with the tourists then you do taxi driving or get a guide licence.

Arun

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: history of india

sometime there is a lott of difference btween the things you have heard and reality so India is a country which you will know after coming here and living here

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: history of india

I guess the author you referring to is Mr John Keay.

The book name is India ,A history :From the earliest civilization to the boom of the twenty first century .

My review:The book is very well written but from my own experience and that of the author, indian history is infinity pool , no man can swim it alone .

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: history of india

Hi Satya P,

Welcome to Trip Advisor..

It is really nice to know that you want to contribute. I would recommend you to follow these forum pages and clarify doubts of the travellers, where and when possible. You may also write a lot of reviews and information about the historical destinations and add them to the destination list. Welcome again and all the best.

Regards

Prasanna

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: history of india

Perhaps you can think of writing a book on Indian history or may be a travel guide. You can start history & heritage walks.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: history of india

Dear Satya -

Are you asking for career advice or are you offering to volunteer information and assistance?

If you wish to volunteer time, then tripadvisor is a good place. You can read the questions which tourists ask and try to help them with the information they want.

Regards

Deepa

Edited: 13 October 2013, 15:56
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
821 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: history of india

I <<<<I have in depth knowledge of indian history,geography,spiritual theories and its impact on Indian political history. How can i be useful to the tourists coming to India?>>>

Still waiting for some ?

Cheers

10. Re: history of india

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:17