We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit hotel when going from term 3 to term 1D

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canton of Geneva...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Topic
Transit hotel when going from term 3 to term 1D

Hi,

I am going to Delhi next weekend, and will be arriving around midnight in terminal 3. I will then be taking a domestic flight to Chennai in the morning, leaving at 6:45 from termianl 1D (domestic). Where can I go to have a short sleep between arriving from Europe and checking in for my onwards flight?

The Eaton Smart transit hotel according to its website does not cater to passengers flying out of 1D.

I have business tickets, Eurobonus gold and a Priority Pass but it seems the T3 lounges are all in the departure area, and with check-in for my domestic flight opening only 2 hrs before (04:45) presumably I can also not access the lounge in T1D until that time.

I would be willing to go to a nearby hotel but with the pick-up and drop-off I am not sure it will be possible or worth it, timewise.

Have any other travelers encountered this challenge and know about any good solutions? 4 hrs on a bench in a public place in the middle of the night sounds less than tempting...

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit hotel when going from term 3 to term 1D

Most of airports hotels providing complementary pick up & drop facilities. There are many hotels within 2 to 03 KMS diameter from domestic & international airport. For so short time you may chose any budget hotel.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit hotel when going from term 3 to term 1D

not much you can do at the hour as even the Metro doesn't operate at the hour

you can book a hotel nearby the airport and catch up on your sleep

for your domestic flight you need to check in 1 hour before your flight departure time

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit hotel when going from term 3 to term 1D

There are lots of cheap and clean hotels near Airport, you can go for them, I can suggest some names like Hotel Waves , Hotel Taurus etc.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit hotel when going from term 3 to term 1D

Hi-

There are so many small hotels near airport and most of them give free arrival and departure.

Arun

5. Re: Transit hotel when going from term 3 to term 1D

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:19