We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bollywood films with subtitles

Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bollywood films with subtitles

Hi all,

When in India over the December holiday period, we would love to see a bollywood film or two. Are there any cinemas in Delhi that provide English subtitles?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bollywood films with subtitles

Sorry but I don't think that there won't be any such kind of cinemas in India, who show the films with subtitles, Although most of the time in Delhi, there will be some Offbeat Bollywood movie released in English so you can go and watch it, also you can download some Hindi movie with English Subtitle. that will be better for you.

Mentioned in this post
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bollywood films with subtitles

Sorry , bollywood film will be in Hindi , no English subtitle will be available. You may visit Sound & Light show in Red fort , Delhi that will be in English about Indian History.

Mentioned in this post
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bollywood films with subtitles

Hi.

No way you can watch Hindi movie with sub titles at movie halls.Only some of the movies which are chosen for National Award or selected for International film festival have English subtitles but the are not regularly shown ..

Happy Travelling....

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
309 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bollywood films with subtitles

Hi pandorastein - If you really want to enjoy India and a bollywood movie during your tour, my suggestion would be to quickly buy a book that talks about the language basics or talk to your frnds/neighbors who have been here, to get a hold of language basics.

Other than enjoying the language, you'll be at ease while negotiating with guides, local merchants too.

Edited: 18 October 2013, 11:49
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bollywood films with subtitles

Hi-

I agree with all the TA members. You can get cd or dvd with the English subtitle.

Arun.

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bollywood films with subtitles

Still you can try to watch a Bollywood movie in Delhi or in Jaipur.

Mentioned in this post
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bollywood films with subtitles

Thanks everyone. A lot of the popular bollywood films with the big name stars often release here in Australia at the same time as India, with English subtitles. So I was wondering whether there were any expat areas in Delhi (with lots of diplomatic staff or something) that might be showing the same film with the subtitles... it seems not!

Mentioned in this post
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bollywood films with subtitles

Also if you want to feel Indian Cinema then I will suggest you that you can watch a movie in RAJMANDIR Theatre in Jaipur .It will be a great experience for you.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bollywood films with subtitles

Hi, I'm currently in India for my 3rd time and I have gone to many Bollywood movies in Hindi with no subtitles. It's quite fun and amazing how much you can understand through music, body language, facial expression and acting. Comedies and the best I find. You get the general jist of it, and I do enjoy it! The music is so great and I love the themes and sense of humour and it's super cheap to see movies, so give it a try!

Jo

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bollywood films with subtitles

Give it a try in Jaipur's famous Raj Mandir theatre as suggested above. Worth seeing!