We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in 2.5 Days?

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in 2.5 Days?

Hello all experts,

My flight from Singapore to Delhi lands at 12:40, 6 January, 2014 in the afternoon. I will fly to Kathmandu on 8 January 2014 at 20:55. That means I will roughly have 2.5 days around Delhi. I always wanted to see Agra and around. How long it will take me to visit Agra and return? What is easier for a first time visitor; train or car? What are the approximate costs? What else can I do in my time frame? It's my first trip out of Nepal so I want to see most of it. I do not like to stay laying over around the town but want to see most of the popular attractions. I won't spend much time in any places.

Thank you everyone in advance........

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in 2.5 Days?

Yeah you can make it to Taj Mahal. Good might be if you leave directly from the airport to Agra and then next day after sunrise back to Delhi and go for half day tour of delhi and next day also delhi sightseeing and later drop to the airport. By chauffeur driven car it will be a good idea as you will not have to move a lot but yes of course you can take a train as well, as you have time. The Tata Indigo car for Agra and delhi will cost you about 8500 Indian rupees. Hope this is helpful, Good luck

2. Re: What to do in 2.5 Days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 12:23
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in 2.5 Days?

i suggest you to do a day trip to Agra from Delhi by car or train on 7 Jan 2014...possible both ways .....if by train Bhopal Shatabdi Express train is d best for to and fro journey.If by road than Express way...rest of d time is good for Delhi.

Thanks

Rashid Agra

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in 2.5 Days?

Hi-

On the day of arrival you do half day city tour of Delhi and overnight in Agra. Second day Agra sightseeing. Tajmahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri and night stay in Delhi. Third day rest of the sightseeing of Delhi.

Arun

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in 2.5 Days?

Hi,

2.5 days are quit enough for sight seeing of Delhi and also Visiting Agra. Your flight will land at 12.40 in after noon it will take you approximately 1hr 30 min to complete all costumes formality and getting your luggage arrange your tour with some good travel agency in advance look on T.A. for travel agent. Suggested Itinerary should be like..

06 Jan. Arrival in Delhi and proceed to Agra by car by Express Highway (3 hrs)

Arrived Agra , overnight in Agra.

07 Jan : Agra / Fatehpur Sikri / Delhi

Morning sightseeing of Agra visiting Taj Mahal, Agra Fort. Lunch at local Restaurant and afternoon proceed to Fatehpur Sikri. Spend 1 hour and return to Delhi.

Overnight in Delhi.

08 Jan : After break fast check out from hotel and visit old Delhi visiting Rajghat , Chandni Chowk and Jama Masjid. Afternoon Visit India Gate drive pass President House, Humayun Tomb and Qutab Minar.

have some shopping while sightseeing Delhi is full of markets.

Evening board your flight to Kathmandu.

Happy Travelling...

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in 2.5 Days?

Hi,

It would be best for you to hire car & driver who will pick from you airport and straight drive to Agra. It will take almost 4 hours if you will use Yamuna express way. This day just relax in Hotel. No sight -seeing.. Night stay at Agra.

07th Jan - After breakfast visit Taj Mahal , Agra Fort and return Delhi via Fatehpur Sikri. Night Stay in Delhi.

08th Jan After an early breakfast visit Birla Temple, Red Fort , Jama Mosque, Raj Ghat, India Gate, Humayun Tomb, Lotus Temple and Qutub Tower on way to airport.

Avoid to see Taj Mahal at sunrise & sunset time ,in first half of January, as sun is covered by foggs in morning & evening time , better time to see it 11-00 AM or after. If day is clear can see early.

You have very short time and chances of foggs so avoid train travel.

Happy travelling !!!

Hari Mangal

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in 2.5 Days?

Transportation cost should be more or less Rs. 10000.00 by any mid size car

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in 2.5 Days?

Yes you can go to visit Agra on 7th. You can go for the same day agra tour. in which you have to leave Delhi early in the morning and by the evening you will be back in Delhi . If you take a car then it will cost you around 8000 rs. Also if you want to save some money then you can take train services. and rest of the day you can visit Delhi.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in 2.5 Days?

Best would be for you to leave direct from Airport to Agra on a road trip. hire a comfortable car and take yamuna express highway. toll tax will cost you 320 one side. on the same day go direct to Taj. enjoy it. and check in to hotel later. Next day on your way back to Delhi vist Fatehpur sikri and gain take the express highway. it takes 2 to 3 hour via express highway.

check in to hotel. by 5PM in eve after freshening yourself, you can visit India gate, Drive past president house, take a lal Quila Tour and by 7 go for light show at Lal quila, itz amazing.

Next day, you can go for shopping and Visit CP. later if you have some time you can add on to Lotous temple and get back to airport for your travel further.

Enjoy Traveling.

Cheers

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in 2.5 Days?

Hi,

To visit Delhi & Agra. 2.5 days are enough. As you have mentioned your flight will land at 12.40 in noon, so may be you will be free from all the checking formalities in the airport with in 1 - 1.30 hrs. Then its depend on your choice what you prefer first Agra visit or Delhi.