We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi tour package

Muscat, Oman
2 posts
Save Topic
Delhi tour package

Please provide some information about Delhi tour package. We are planning for 7 days trip from December 29th. We would like to visit Agra also. Please advice about package including a 2 star hotel booking also.

Agra Day Tour Packages
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Discover India by Car
Day Trips, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
When In India Tours
Day Trips, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Reality Tours & Travel
City Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi tour package

December 29th

New Delhi

once you reach ND, get your self to comfort zone. and enjoy quite winter.

Try hotel Bloomrooms

search it on google or on TA.

2 star, amazing and beautiful hotel it is.

30th December.

give your full day to Akshardham temple.

from afternoon 12 to eve 8 you can enjoy in there. 7 to 8 there is laser light show.

31st, new year it is, so you better get some bookings done for your celebration.

check out bookmyshow.com you may find few great events.

recommended ifco chowk, kingdom of dreams for the day.

1st jan. start your new year with peace at lotus temple, iscon temple, India gate, drive to president house and eve at Canought place.

2nd jan

go to chandni chowk, jama masjid. and enjoy the places inside those narrow streets, where food and cloths are still unbeaten in whole India. go to qutub minaar, raaj ghat, and enjoy some of your shopping and please your taste buds at dilli haat ina.

3rd jan

6th day. a day before you head home, so get your car and drive through yamuna express highway, within 2 hour you will be in agra. enroute fatehpur sikri and enjoy. later visit Taj mehal. enjoy the night show. make sure its not friday. F, it is friday. so visit Radhasoami temple at dyaal baag. a wonderful place it is.

4th jan.

last day of your trip

end it like you never did, go to Taj mehal. and enjoy it at your full.

after that either you can head back to home from Agra only or come back to delhi to follow up whatever plans you have.

Cheers.

2. Re: Delhi tour package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 November 2013, 07:05
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi tour package

May be you can contact some local travel agent. I will advice that you can contact www.holidayindiatravel.com or www.indiatravelrajasthan.com or United India Travels www.unitedindiatravels.com for your holiday booking.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi tour package

There is lot of information on these forums. In 7 days you can easily visit Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. All these places are very well connected by rail and road. One way is to hire a cab for round trip from Delhi. It will be economical and will give you flexibility to visit places on the way also.

For more information you can look at top questions on this forum at right hand side top corner.

deepak

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,877 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi tour package

Good suggestion by Deepak ji..

6. Re: Delhi tour package

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:05
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
353 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi tour package

Hi Saji194,

Delhi will be quite chilly so come prepared with warm clothing. 7 days will give you ample opportunity to explore both Delhi and Agra. Delhi is the city I love and I could recommend you n number of places and even 7 days might appear short but that’s me :-)

Here’s why I love my city Delhi http://bit.ly/12KQPpO

For getting around in Delhi, I’d suggest that you go for HOHO Bus a pre-paid air conditioned tourist bus service with a guide or else the Delhi Metro Service. Hoho Bus has its advantages as it takes you to all of the prominent tourist places in Delhi as well as market places, shopping malls and museums in Delhi.

The places that I’d highly recommend in Delhi include the Qutb Minar Complex, Humayun’s Tomb, Lodi Garden. Dilli Haat, Red Fort, Lotus Temple and Jama Masjid. For shopping do visit Janpath, Palika and Chandni Chowk.

Apart from this there is plethora of places that you could visit in Delhi especially if you are interested in heritage and culture of Delhi.

It will take you 2-3 days to actually explore these places in Delhi.

After that on the 4th Day of your India trip, head to Agra ideally by Shatabdi Express that leaves for Agra from Nizamuddin Railway Station in the morning and takes 2 hours to reach Agra.

You may also opt for a hired car ride or a bus ride if budget is a constraint. In Agra, I’d recommend a view of Taj Mahal from Mehtab Bagh if you are a photography enthusiast. Apart from that there is the Red (Agra) Fort and Itmad ud Daula’s Tomb that you could visit.

For budget yet an accommodation with view, I’d suggest Taj Khema in Agra http://bit.ly/1bxSZL9

Since you are in Agra and you have 7 days up your sleeve, don’t forget to pay a visit to Fatehpur Sikri which lies on Delhi - Agra Highway and is a UNESCO inscribed World Heritage Site. You may also choose to visit Keoladeo National Park (Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary) and Sikandra (Tomb of Akbar) which are also in the same Delhi - Agra route.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi tour package

i think nikhil chandra ji sharing very helpful information with us.

Thank you nikhil ji

9. Re: Delhi tour package

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 12:26
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Delhi tour package

In above mentioned span of time GT can be easily done....best possible way is by surface.If you scratch forum a bit this trip u can organize by yourself...here members/DE will help you in planning your trip.

Regards

Rashid Agra