We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Security check time at New delhi airport

chennai
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Security check time at New delhi airport

Hi All,

I will be reaching New Delhi by train via Tamil Nadu express at 7:00 AM on 6th December and will be boarding the goindigo flight to Jammu at 11:00 AM. I would like to know

How much time will it take to travel from New delhi station to Airport?

Which is the feasible and convenient option to travel (Delhi Airport express or private cab)?

How much time to clear the security checks and how stringent the checks will be as we are boarding the flight to Jammu?

Are hand luggage allowed in the flight?

Regards

Uday

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Security check time at New delhi airport

It will be better to take a metro to Airprot, Cab will take around 40-50 minute but it will be expensive, security check will be normal, there won't be any other procedure

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Security check time at New delhi airport

You need to check the airlines website to get hand lugagge terms and conditions.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Security check time at New delhi airport

I guess 6/7kg hand luggage is allowed for domestic airline but you should still dbl check with the airline 9910383838. You'll have enough time to reach Delhi airport from the station if the train is not delay. The month of December is considered to be as a foggy month & I hope the bad weather/fog won't affect your train/flight journey.

Good luck!!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Security check time at New delhi airport

Hi-

Taxi takes about 40 minutes drive but Metro will be good option.

Arun

chennai
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Security check time at New delhi airport

Thank you all for your inputs.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,846 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Security check time at New delhi airport

Hi,

Airport metro would be best option to go airport from New Delhi station. At least 01 hour before, you should report at airport. In my view you should not book your flight on same day ( arrival in New Delhi ) as it is very long distance train and chances to be delayed arrival for a few hours ( its common ).

If train get delayed a couple of hours then you should get off at H. Nizamuddin station and take taxi to go airport immediately.

Baggages and other information are mentioned on tickets.

Hari Mangal

chennai
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Security check time at New delhi airport

Thank you Hari for your inputs.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Security check time at New delhi airport

Which airline will you be traveling with ? If you are traveling with spicejet, indigo, go air, jet lite. These leave from Terminal 1 ( i will suggest to take a cab as metro doesnt go to this terminal ) but if you are flying with air india or any other airline that leaves from terminal 3 then easier will be the express metro. Good luck

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Security check time at New delhi airport

Ohh sorry, didnt read that you did mention goindigo which as per my knowledge will leave from T1, taxi will be a better option.

chennai
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Security check time at New delhi airport

loveUtraveling

Thank you for your inputs. How much would be the travel time from New Delhi station to Airport terminal 1 since December being election time.

Being checked the Terminal 3 of IGI, I thought of exploring it. But since I am travelling by GoIndigo, i will miss the chance.