We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut, USA
Level Contributor
182 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

After visiting Delhi for several days on our trip next year, we will be heading to Agra for a couple days. We were originally thinking about having our driver stop for a visit in Vrandivan for a few hours on the way to Agra to see the Prom Mandir and ISKCON temples. Now I have read a few good reviews of the Chhatarpur Temple in South Delhi and it seems that visiting that location for a few hours on the way to Agra or when we are in Delhi would also be a good way to enjoy a few hours seeing an example of an important Hindu temple. Recognizing that every destination is different, how would you compare those two choices and which approach would you recommend?

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

As you are staying several days in Delhi , you could see Chhatarpur Temple by metro any day. If you will use Yamuna Express way to go Agra then Chhatarpur will be in different direction.

In my opinion , you should see Vrindavan temples.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

You have driver and easy to reach at chattarpur beautiful temple and its close to qutub minar.

if possible to visit akhsardham & Birla temple in Delhi and virndavan is worth visit for temples.

there is different in virndavan and chattarpur temple. so my decision visit both.

have nice visit of hindu temples.

thanks and regards

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

Vrindavan.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

Vrindawan Temples will be the better option for you. Although if time permits you can visit both

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

Hi-

I agree with Hari Mangal M

Arun

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
259 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

Also you must visit ISKON temple in Delhi. Best timing to visit there will be in the evening. When visiting Vrindavan, try to be there early in the morning. And if you are starting early from Delhi and stopping over in Vrindavan, then do not use Yamuna Expressway. Reasons - 1. No traffic jam in the morning on NH-2 (Delhi Mathura Road). 2. You save INR 350 of toll tax.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

Same as stated above....

Taking Yamuna express highway would not let you en-route Chatarpur temple...

visit Chatarpur temple any day in your stay...

Vridavan

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
263 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

Hi,

You can do both. Visit Chattarpur temple on the day you visit Qutub Minar and Vrindavan with Agra tour.

Connecticut, USA
Level Contributor
182 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

I appreciate the advice from everyone. I will be visiting other Hindu temples later on our trip in Kochi and Chennai, as well as seeing the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib Sikh temple during our time in Delhi. Consequently, I guess what I would like to know is if you had only two or three hours available, and wanted to see an interesting Hindu temple and learn some things about the religion's beliefs and practices, would you choose to visit Chhatarpur Temple or Vrandivan?

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
259 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visit Chhatarpur Temple or Temples in Vrandivan?

You make a planed visit to Vrindavan. Chhatarpur Temple any time during your stay in Delhi.