We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yoga

TN
Level Contributor
231 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Yoga

Will be in Delhi for a couple of days. Looking for recommendations for beginners yoga classes, private class for a group. Will be staying at the Oberoi.

First timers so any info would be appreciated.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yoga

Do a 5-7 day course of Yoga & Pranayam. You should hire a private yoga instructor who takes 1-2 hours in the morning & who will teach you basics so that you can practice at home.

TN
Level Contributor
231 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yoga

how do you go about hiring an instructor?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yoga

You can ask someone like me to get you contact of yoga teacher. They ususally charge per day but if you call them at your place then cost goes high.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yoga

Try Sivananda yoga in Kailash Colony - fantastic, non-commercial and have centers all over the world.

If you want something slightly artistic or personal training - Bharat Thakur artistic yoga is fantastic.

I am a non-practicing Sivananda yoga teacher.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yoga

It is not difficult , i have been practicing yoga for a while now and it does make you feel good in many ways. What date will you be needing the instructor for ? , write me a private message and i will be able to help you with this :),

My best part is beginning om and mantras :)

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
354 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yoga

You are in luck... My recent guide has a wonderful deliver of English and beginning yoga. He has a beautiful spirit and helps a beginner understand the purpose and the correct techniques in a private lesson for just you. He also loves his country, is well traveled, and is funny at times. He will offer you a true warm welcome and an authentic yoga experience.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yoga

There are lots of Yoga centre in Delhi, you can join one of them

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
354 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yoga

You are in luck... My recent guide has a wonderful deliver of English and beginning yoga. He has a beautiful spirit and helps a beginner understand the purpose and the correct techniques in a private lesson for just you. He also loves his country, is well traveled, and is funny at times. He will offer you a true warm welcome and an authentic yoga experience. mailto:tarunsharma.delhi@yahoo.com

TN
Level Contributor
231 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yoga

Thank y'all for all the info! We will be there soon and looking forward to the visit!!

TN
Level Contributor
231 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yoga

Thank y'all for all the info! We will be there soon and looking forward to the visit!!