We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

California
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

Hello, I will arrive Delhi airport via a domestic flight and then have >10 hours before my international flight back home. Is it true that I won't be allowed to get into International terminal to get my boarding pass and lounge around many hours before my international flights? Thanks.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

Dear,

You can ony get your international boarding pass only after the check-In and the check-In starts 4 hours before the flight timing.

Or another option for you can contact airport representative and they will do it early for you.

And for the lounge You can go for one out of these three:-

1. Plaza Premium Lounge ( Only after check-in you can get this )

2. Nappi Massage ( Only after Baggage/Luggage Claim you can get this)

3 E-tone Smart on 5th Level ( You can get this whenever you wish,no such restrictions).

Okey now allow me to qoute

“We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.”

SO,

Have a safe Journey

Regards

ZAID

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

No you won't be allowed 10 hours before, I face same situation, my flight was at 11:55 hrs and I reach at 05:30 , they let me in after 06:30

Agra, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

Yes they will allow you if you ask them as you are from out of india.I HAD already talked to them before on this issue so they have suggested me,that you can talk at airport they will allow you.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

Stop telling lies, whom did you contact , may be i should tell you that it is a international airport and rules are same for everyone there, you should upgrade your knowledge spammer

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

Yes this is true you are not allow to go inside the Airport but you can wait at visitor Lounge (International Airport. normally Police man will allow you to go inside 05 Hours prior to flight & Check-in counter open 04 Hours before departure flight

Goa, India
Level Contributor
520 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

As with many things in India, nobody can give a definitive answer. Sometimes they let people in early, sometimes they don't.. Being a "foreigner with nowhere else to go" does help to swing the odds in your favour though.

California
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

Thank you for your responses. I will keep what you said in mind as I plan my trip.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

Yes you are right monk,it is india!

and sometimes they allow and sometimes they don't!

and arpit do one thing call the airport customer support and they will tell you ok,actually the thing is that you haven't even seen the face of the airport and i had worked there at the AirIndia deck for two consecutive years,,So i have far better than you or anyone else here about it.

First talked to them ,Than write here about it!

Regards

ZAID

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
529 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

We are a family of 3 leaving DEL on two different flights which depart 4 hours apart. Will we all be allowed to enter the international terminal together?

The first flight departs around 11:00 pm, while the second departs at 3:00 the following morning.

10. Re: Allow in Delhi Airport Int'l terminal 10h before my flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:17