We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour of Delhi

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day tour of Delhi

I am off to Delhi next week to go hiking in Ladakh. I have a spare day before and two after the Ladakh trip. My budget hotel has recommended I take day tour of Delhi with small car and driver Rs 2100 which to me sounds a great deal. I wonder if anyone knows if the city tour men do trips to the Taj Mahal or is it better to go with a company specializing in that day long trip.

I know I can just ask when I get there but Tripadvisor has so many great people posting there is bound to be someone who has done it all before many times.

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour of Delhi

i will suggest you - contact delhi magic or agra magic expert in day

thanks nimbera

Agra
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tour of Delhi

Hi i will rather suggest that country like India ...pls dont try experiments ..my suggestion will be take services from Govt approved travel agencies .. My suggestion try company called Travel Assistance Agra +919927557522 .

agra
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tour of Delhi

Yo can have a look at following link

tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g297683-d34…

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tour of Delhi

Hi

first visit of Delhi you can do day visit new & old Delhi.

when you back from ladakh then visit Agra. day tour for Agra take 12-13 hrs including driving and visit Agra Tajmahal and Agra fort.

before you final with anyone take quote from 3-4 different companies. after that choose one of them.

enjoy your India and Agra tour.

cheers

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tour of Delhi

Hi-

First day you can visit Delhi and last two days you can make Tajmahal tour. Taxi you can hire from any Delhi based destination expert. You can go for Hari Manglam or K Yogi.

Arun

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day tour of Delhi

IT will be better to take the deal from several travel agents and then decide

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day tour of Delhi

Hi, normally companies offer both tours of Delhi and to Agra, so you could probably get the same driver for both so you are familiar with him! I would recommend you contact Adventure Holiday Tours, you can contact Tarun on tarun@adventureholidaytours.com and he will be able to arrange the tour for you! I had a fantastic experience with them and would highly recommend them to any traveller! :-)

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Day tour of Delhi

Dear Gloucestershir thanks for your advise but you can advice the name of any agent/ guide/ driver only, you should not write any contact detail of anyone. Its against the guidelines of TA.

Arun

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day tour of Delhi

Dear ArunAgraIndia,

Apologises I was not aware of this! I will refrain in future of posting contact details! Thank you for your advice and sorry for any inconvenience! :-)

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day tour of Delhi

Hi,

Rs. 2100.00 would be expensive if it is Indigo / Swift d'zire car. It is Toyota Innova car then Rs. 2100.00 is good price.

I never suggest to hire car from Paharganj hotels as they mostly used very old car. It would be better to hire with any professional/ tour operator.

I do not understand about your hiking plan in Laddakh in these months, mostly Laddakh on frozen point. Who suggest you to do trekk / hike in these months.

In my view for hiking in Laddakh - Markha valley or any other ( the best time 15th June till 30th September )

Hari Mangal