We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good experience for driver / tour

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leidschendam, The...
2 posts
Save Topic
Good experience for driver / tour

We just came back from a two week tour through India. We booked via Narendra Kumar of http://www.hiredriverindia.com. He has excellent services and drivers.

Our driver was Naaresh Rana, a very nice and trustworthy guide/driver. He really took good care of us.

Narendra can also help with booking hotels and deciding on your personal itinerary.

agra
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good experience for driver / tour

Thanks for sharing

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good experience for driver / tour

Thanks for sharing you experience but you should not write phone number/ email address/ website name of any driver/ guide/ agent on this forum.

Arun

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good experience for driver / tour

Thanks for sharing this it will be helpful for others,

Gympie, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good experience for driver / tour

I've also recently returned from a trip to India and can thoroughly recommend Narendra Kumar for arranging a car and driver to take me from Delhi airport to Agra and then to Kalka to catch the toy train to Shimla (3 days altogether). As a woman travelling alone in India, I wanted to be sure I would be safe, and I was. From the moment I first emailed him, Narendra was polite, respectful and helpful. He emailed his tourism registration certificates to me with his quote and even got the toy train ticket from Kalka to Shimla in the Himalayas for me because I could not get it from Australia. He got exactly the ticket that I wanted which, being on the right-hand side of the train, gave me a wonderful view of the scenery as we went up into the mountains.The driver's meals and accommodation were included in the cost, which was extremely reasonable, and there were no hidden extras. The costs also included driving me anywhere I wanted to go in Agra, including monuments, markets, lunch and dinner. Mr Suresh, the driver who was assigned to me, was waiting for me when I arrived at Delhi airport, took me to a nice local restaurant for lunch and then to meet Narendra before we set off for Agra. It was an opportunity to confirm the costs and itinerary and Narenda also kept in touch by cellphone throughout the 3 day journey to ensure that everything was going smoothly. Mr Suresh was a very careful and safe driver, with enough English to explain about the things we saw on the way. I stayed in Agra for two nights and he always came to the hotel exactly at the times we arranged. We stopped at a special place to see a view of the Taj Mahal when we arrived in Agra in the afternoon and Mr Suresh also arranged a guide, Deepak, to accompany me to the Taj Mahal (at 5.45 am) and to Agra Fort. He can also arrange shopping, music (listening to and learning to play the sitar) and other excursions and tour programmes in Agra if you want them. It was a 10 hour journey from Agra to Kalka and we stopped at various dhabas to eat local food, which was an interesting cultural experience in itself, and saw nomadic shepherds from Rajasthan, how farmers stack their hay, and lots of other sights along the way. Overall, Narendra, Mr Suresh and Deepak were trustworthy, informative and professional and the trip was very enjoyable. I originally found Narendra's company through a review on tripadvisor and hope that this review helps other people with their choice of a car and driver in India.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good experience for driver / tour

self promotion. Fake user.

Gympie, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good experience for driver / tour

Sorry, not fake. 59 year old female australian tourist and it all happened the way I said. Cheers.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Good experience for driver / tour

I'm sorry Sandra.

Actually, I was referring to Jean T (original poster). My apologies for the inconvenience.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 12:34
8. Re: Good experience for driver / tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:15