We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying a bill Delhi Airport

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Paying a bill Delhi Airport

I arrive at Delhi airport in the early hours of the morning and need to pay my tour company guide the remainder of my invoice when I am there.

I have three choices:

1) Bring £1300 in UK notes and change into rupees at the airport

2) Pay with a debit or credit card (3% charge with both)

3) The cheapest option is to max my debit card at an atm (£500) and do whatever is best between 1 & 2. Rather not max my card so early as it takes 24 hours before I can withdraw again

delhi
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying a bill Delhi Airport

It will be better if you deal in cash.. currently 1 pound is equal to 100 INR. SO you will get a good exchange rate

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying a bill Delhi Airport

Cash will be better. Change the money in the city as in airport they don't give good deal.

Good luck

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paying a bill Delhi Airport

Its better to give cash and for exchange local money changer is better. Hotels and airport rates are always less.

Arun

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paying a bill Delhi Airport

Definitely cash, change just the amount you need to pay the tour company then change in the city where you will get a better rate.

York
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paying a bill Delhi Airport

I will need to do the transaction at the airport and I guess if I try in delhi city at 3.00am I will struggle to find a local exchange

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
336 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paying a bill Delhi Airport

You can carry Travellers Cheques and encash at banks at airport. It is safer than carrying GBP in cash. You get a better rate as well.

York
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paying a bill Delhi Airport

Thanks. Do you mean that travellers checks get a better rate than cash?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
336 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paying a bill Delhi Airport

yes

9. Re: Paying a bill Delhi Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:17