We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

Greer, South...
Level Contributor
212 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

So I think we want to go to New Delhi for a few days and then the Golden Triangle. I think we'd prefer to see New Delhi on our own and then maybe hook up with a tour company to head out of the city? In looking at various tour companies it seems most "packages" include a few days in Delhi, which we would prefer NOT to do. Any suggestions? Also, would 9 days total seem a good number to stay? Thanks in advance.

Agra Day Tour Packages
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Discover India by Car
Day Trips, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
When In India Tours
Day Trips, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Reality Tours & Travel
City Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

We are planning an golden triangle tour at the moment. I can assure you that all tour companies are more than happy to modify the tour to suit your particular needs. With 9 days you could probably fit in Varanasi.

agra
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

You can tell your agent that you want to do Delhi by your own and they will plan accordingly with nine days Varanasi can be fit.Its worth to go and see the oldest living city of the world.

Cheers

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

Hi bonjonsc,

9 days are good enough to do Golden Triangle with including Varanasi or Udaipur...

3 n Delhi>1 n Agra>2 n Jaipur>2 n Udaipur/Varanasi...the cities in GT are well connected by train and road network easily doable

Regards

Rashid Agra

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

My suggestion might be a little different, but you must get a car and driver in delhi, as delhi is big and can be hectic doing on your own at times.

3JP
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

We are going on a tour if the Golden Triangle with Gate 1 Travel. Look them up-we have travelled with them before and it was excellent. You should see everything you want to see on their itinerary.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

There are lots of travel agent who can help you with your tour program also they can amend the tour program, according to your needs,

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

You can plan 2 nights in Delhi, 1 night in Agra, 2nights in Jaipur, 1 night in Jodhpur and 1night in Udaipur.

deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

Agree with Love u Travel

you should get car and a driver if you wish to do it on your own.

and If you want to travel and book with any tour agency, even then its great, and would be best as most of the company do not give you pre planned tours that they have.

They ask you what you want and then the suggest you and plan your trip accordingly.

Greer, South...
Level Contributor
212 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

Thanks for all of these responses! I will probably have more questions in the weeks to come. If anyone has any suggestions as far as tour agencies that they have used, I would love it if you could email me privately.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just starting to plan a trip to New Delhi/Golden Triangle

feel free to ask, happy to help :D