We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Topic
1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

Hi

My husband and I will be traveling to New Delhi April 12, 2014. Our flight will arrive at 1 am. By the time we get out (immigration, baggage claim) would be around 3 am. Then we have to come back to the airport again next day (april 13) around noon to meet up with our group to start travel to another city (kashmir).

I'd appreciate any suggestion of what area to stay for 1 day and 2 nights (almost) and what to do on our 1 free day while waiting for the group. This can be sightseeing or shopping. How do we travel to the hotel at 3am and them back to the airport the following day. I assume taxi but want to see other option. We both will have 1 lugguage and 1 carry on. This is first time to India.

Thank you so much for your suggestion.

agra
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

You can do Taj Mahal trip.its only 3.5 hour far from Delhi airport.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

You can do day trip to Taj mahal... you definitely do not want to miss this.

3. Re: 1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 13:54
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

You can hire a cab to Taj mahal.

Only if you have already seen it, you can go to Connough place for your one day stay.

at 3AM you might not be getting Metro, and even if you get you have to find travel option from Shivaji station. wont recommend to walk at such hour.

At CP, India gate, Jnatar mantar, Red Fort, Himayus tomb, many places are in a radius of 15Km.

and its a great place for shopping as well.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

Hi! I would definitely recommend a trip to the Taj Mahal if you are otherwise not getting a chance - it is wonderful and something everyone needs to see if their life! However if you do not fancy a lot of travelling that day, hiring a driver for sightseeing around Delhi is a good option also, as there is lots to see in Delhi! I would highly recommend you contacting Adventure Holiday Tours, they can offer you options for both these trips for a very good price! Tarun Sharma - is who you want to speak to - he is a great person to have you show around Delhi - he's great fun! :-)

Also I stayed in Hotel City Star for my time in Delhi, it is about 45 mins from the airport, further in town, so might not be ideal for you, however it was a good value, clean hotel! They also offer complimentary pick up (you only pay the 200 rs for parking) and they seemed to have people around 24 hrs, so they may be able to pick you up in the early hours (it doesn't hurt to ask!!). Enjoy your trip!

Edited: 20 January 2014, 16:14
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

Hi-

Second day you have to go back to the airport, so its better to stay near airport and to visit you hire a car for the city tour of Delhi or you can make same day tour of Tajmahal.

Arun

Agra, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

You should definately visit one day trip to the city of love none other than Agra.

and you can visit Taj Mahal or Agra Fort or Baby Taj or Sikandra.

It's upto you what you wish to see?

If you want to go Hotel @ 3.am than you should book a cab in advance.So that the chauffer waits for you outside the Airport to pick you at that time.

Regards

ZAID

8. Re: 1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 23:09
Edited: 22 January 2014, 23:09
New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

I suggest you stay in C.P - it's centrally located..and also well connect to the airport via Express Metro (25 mins from T3 to Shivaji Stadium Metro Station)..it has both budget as well luxury hotels..what is your budget?

While in Delhi You can explore Delhi with Delhi Tourism's Hop On Hop Off Sightseeing Bus in C.P (Baba Kharak Singh Marg) . Know more here; …blogspot.in/2014/01/12-Reasons-Why-You-Shou…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
432 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 day 2 nights in New Delhi where to stay and what to do?

I would also say go to Taj Mahal. More bang for the buck when it comes to site seeing. So I would stay near the airport or at the airport since you are getting there at night. Get a car/driver to take you to Taj and all the other surrounding places. Personally Connaugh place was a waste of time. I would hit the national museum lots of great artifacts but needs updating.