We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relaxing last day in Delhi?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Relaxing last day in Delhi?

Hi, I'm doing a tour which finishes in Delhi. On my final day my flight doesn't leave till 11pm, does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do, where to go to relax after a hectic tour (and maybe some last minute shopping :)).

Ideally I would love to find a nice hotel or spa that would allow me to use their facilities to relax before the long flight home.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,803 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relaxing last day in Delhi?

Shopping - lord, where do I start!!! The shopping is pretty awesome. But for a relaxed shopping experience as a solo female traveller, I suggest the somewhat upscale Santushti shopping area, it is enclosed, has some byooooootiful shops and you will have fun: https:/…SantushtiShoppingComplex

Tulsi and Anokhi offer Indian stuff, there is Lotus Eaters for interesting home stuff, plus lots more.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,803 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relaxing last day in Delhi?

Sorry, I meant to say Lotus Eaters for jewellery. Not home stuff.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,043 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relaxing last day in Delhi?

Last day you may chose Hotel Imperial or Leela Palace for SPA & Relaxing. For Shopping , Fab India, Anokhi , Santushthi, Govt. Cottage Emporium Janpath as well as any malls can be chose.

Mentioned in this post
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New...
3,187 Reviews
New Delhi, India
The Janpath Hotel
The Janpath Hotel
242 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Relaxing last day in Delhi?

Try the Spa services of Radisson Blu near Airport, you will love it. Also for shopping there is big mall in a place near Delhi at the toll plaza you can go there, may be someone can tell you the name of that mall.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Relaxing last day in Delhi?

It actually depends what part of the city you are going to stay & kind of shopping you wants to do (branded/Indian clothing). The word ''HECTIC tour'' used by you gives me an idea that you wouldn't really like to go that FAR to do shopping/spa but such facilities should be in surroundings.Few good options are:

1)If you stay near the city center then Connaught place is the best place for shopping where you can easily find branded shops,Indian clothing, Jewellery shops+ you can also find massage/spa centers in the surrounds too.

2)DLF City walk is the famous shopping complex in south part of the city having cinema theater, spa, saloon etc. http://www.selectcitywalk.com/eating.php

Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Connaught Place
Connaught Place
3,024 Reviews
New Delhi, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Relaxing last day in Delhi?

Hi,

There are lot's of places in Delhi to relax but I would suggest Hotel Leela Ambiance in Gurgaon Just adjoining toll plaza very near to Airport. The hotel has one of the best Spa called " Lavanya " timings are 7 am-11pm, you will feel out of the world another important thing for this hotel is that the big Ambiance Mall is attached to it , The mall has lots of Restaurant's lot to shop , Hyper market and above all Mall has Beer Garden at roof top and its amazing. Try this you feel great..

Happy Travelling.......

Mentioned in this post
The Leela Palace New Delhi
The Leela Palace New...
3,187 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Gurgaon District, India
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Relaxing last day in Delhi?

Thanks everyone, lots of great options and suggestions!!

8. Re: Relaxing last day in Delhi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:23