We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in New Delhi

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
4 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
One Day in New Delhi

Hi

I am reaching New Delhi in the morning by 8am. I have full day to explore city and will havecatch early train next day . I am going to stay near railway station ( Hotel Ginger).

Kindly let me know how i can plan my a day trip covering important places in city along with shopping in evening around railway station.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day in New Delhi

Hi

you can hire a reliable car/driver from airport for full day.

after arrival you can visit new Delhi Qutub minar , hamyun tomb and Government building.India gate.

after lunch go to old Delhi and end of the day via conaught place to Ginger hotel.

Thx

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day in New Delhi

Why not take Delhi Tourism's Hop On Hop Off Bus from Baba Kharak Singh Marg, at connaught Place.

More Info here: …blogspot.in/2014/01/12-Reasons-Why-You-Shou…

Thanjavur, India
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day in New Delhi

hi, guys..

1] we are ten members from chennai, and need a tempotravel from airport to new delhi rly stn..

2] need rooms in main bazar pahargunj cach room @1k / day for two days .pls guide us for gadi&room..

4. Re: One Day in New Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 13:45
New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day in New Delhi

You can contact any TA mamber for your hotel & Tempo traveller.

in paharganj area very difficult to reach by tempo traveller.

also rooms in 1 k. is difficult or just surviving

rooms are available.

thanks And regards

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day in New Delhi

Warning!!!!!!!!!!!! don't go to the MAHARASHTRA HANDICRAFT EMPORIUM on Baba Kharak Singh Marg or you will be ripped off big time. A bed cover I bought there cost me 1650rs and the same bed cover at the Maharashtra Gov . store in Kolkata was 250rs and it is no different, the same quality and design. On the other hand I found the Punjab State Emporium on BKS Marg to be fantastic, good quality and cheap. Also the stores who sell Durries are good quality and cheap. My Daughter was also ripped off with her things she got at the Maharashtra shop. They add between 1000-2000rs more onto real price. DON'T GO THERE.

7. Re: One Day in New Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:20