We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting between terminals at Delhi airport & Eaton Smart

Region of Waterloo...
Level Contributor
101 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting between terminals at Delhi airport & Eaton Smart

Hi.

I am wondering about the transfer between terminals. I will be flying into Delhi from Varanasi with Indigo (terminal 1-C I think) and then have 13 hours before I depart on Air India to London (from terminal 3). I was hoping to book at the Eaton Smart as it's just me and my child.

Where do I catch the transfer bus and is it easy and safe to transfer?

The info on the Eaton Smart website is really confusing - will I be able to get a room there for about 9 hours? I know there are rules governing whether you can stay there according to domestic/international flights, times of connecting etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Region of Waterloo...
Level Contributor
101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting between terminals at Delhi airport & Eaton Smart

I have been reading on the forums about the sleeping pods and how you can't access them without a boarding pass which you can't get till check in, 3 hours before flight. Is this the same for the hotel? Can you access it with departure ticket only? Thanks.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting between terminals at Delhi airport & Eaton Smart

Namaste!

You can call the hotel at the departure terminal of T3. Their representative comes out & he takes you in the hotel. All you need is passport & air ticket.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting between terminals at Delhi airport & Eaton Smart

Dear Uniqua,

Well Eaton Smart hotel located inside the Terminal Building would allow you to stay for at least 7 hours or more. You can get a room with your International ticket at their Domestic Wing Hotel. To make you clear there are two wings in International Terminal of Delhi airport ( T3), one is domestic and another is international. ( Few Of the domestic flights operates from international terminal ).

The shuttle from Domestic terminal ( 1 D ) to the international terminal ( T 3 ) is absolutely safe and complimentary.

For pods you must have a boarding pass, it is basically for long halt connecting flight passengers.

I would also like to suggest you to have a look at the hotels recently opened in Aerocity area which is located inside the Airport area, midway Teminal 1D and T3. Lemon Tree Hotel, JW Marriot etc.

Region of Waterloo...
Level Contributor
101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting between terminals at Delhi airport & Eaton Smart

Thank you both for your help!!!

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting between terminals at Delhi airport & Eaton Smart

Good advice by Piyush, you can follow his advice

6. Re: Connecting between terminals at Delhi airport & Eaton Smart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:22