We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baggage and more

Panaji, Goa, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
baggage and more

I am travelling solo to Delhi in March, will be carrying 3 pieces of baggage, One is my 50L rucksack, second is a trolley and third will be a backpack folded into the trolley.

I am to leave for Manali during second week of my trip and then to Shimla and then to Chandigarh. Last trip being to Delhi from Chandigarh.

Now since I have to return to Delhi to get back, how about I keep excess baggage in Nizamuddin cloak room? Also I will be carrying few packets of cashew for my friends in return trip. (to Indore)

Is it okay if i keep these in the cloak room baggage?

What is the best way to get to Nizamuddin station from New Delhi station?

Also suggest places around Nizamuddin I can visit before boarding train. I will have 3-4 hours free time.

Mentioned in this post
Manali
Manali
Manali Tehsil, India
Shimla
Shimla
Shimla District, India
Indore
Indore
Indore District, India
New Delhi
New Delhi
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baggage and more

Namaste!

People used to keep baggage in the cloak room there but don't have the exact feedback.

There are regular AC & Non-AC buses from NDLS to NZM.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baggage and more

Hello,

You can find a Cloak room at Nizamuddin, approaching to platform no. 1. Your bags should be locked, else they would not accept them.

To get to Nizamuddin from NDLS. Get a local ticket and board a train to NDLS.

Places around Nizamuddin are the Humayun's Tomb, Safdurjung Tomb, Lodhi Garden.

Titus

Mentioned in this post
Humayun's Tomb
Humayun's Tomb
8,855 Reviews
New Delhi, India
The Lodhi
The Lodhi
703 Reviews
New Delhi, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
386 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baggage and more

My experience with cloak rooms has not been too happy in the past and hence would not recommend the same. In case you are staying in an hotel then it is better to leave your luggage there.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baggage and more

It is always better to avoid clock room at railway station, but you can leave the baggage in the hotel where you were staying,

Panaji, Goa, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baggage and more

Thing here is I will be staying at a friends place which is far from the station. So even if I keep at his place it will be time and energy consuming.

Panaji, Goa, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: baggage and more

Yes I read about the EMUs plying between NDLS and Nizamuddin. Where can I get the timings? How far the the dargah from the station? Anybody used the travellers lounge on platform 16? I am thinking to give it a try.

As far as baggage is concerned I cant think of any viable option than cloak room and also that the excess baggage will be additional burden to carry to Himachal. It will include Kokum juice, cashew nuts, cloths and stuff i wont require in cold climate. Carrying these for 12 days will be a pain.

7. Re: baggage and more

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:31