We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

I would have liked to have left this message in the review section on TripAdvisor, however seeing as though the company does not seem to be listed yet I would just like to commend Bridge the World Tours and Travels New Delhi here.

When my friend and I, both nineteen year old females from Australia, arrived in New Delhi, we were overwhelmed, to say the least. Having read countless unnerving forums about scams, assault and general chaos present in the city, we were on high alert throughout our stay. Upon stepping out of our hotel doors and onto the streets of Paharganj for the first time, the concerns in the forums came to life. We could not walk five metres without being approached by beggars, sales people or other 'intrigued' individuals. Needless to say, this did not make for a comfortable experience. It was only after we met Rishi, at the 'Bridge the World Tours and Travels' agency, that our hopes for an interesting and pleasant stay in New Delhi returned.

On first meeting, Rishi modified a city tour for a few days time to suit our interests and offered it to us at a VERY reasonable price (less than half the cost of similar tours that we had researched online). He then went out of his way to take us shopping and invited us to his sister's engagement ceremony. This was an experience that we will NEVER forget and although it is a case of being in the right place at the right time, this gesture reflects Rishi's main goal; to offer tourists an unforgettable experience in a city that he is very passionate about. The tour itself I can not find fault in. Rishi showed us some incredible sites at a pace that suited us, and offered us rich insight into New Delhi's history and the culture.

For us, Rishi made our stay in New Delhi a phenomenal experience and to anyone looking for a travel agency to book through while in India, I cannot recommend Bridge the World Tours and Travel New Delhi strongly enough.

Old Delhi Bazaar Walk & Haveli Visit
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours
Trinetra Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Agra Day Tour Packages
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
When In India Tours
Day Trips, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,672 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

Never been a fan of Paharganj. Unless you are on a shoe-string budget, in which case there is no avoiding this fairly seedy part of Delhi.

Caracas, Venezuela
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

I went to India with a friend in January 2014 and we couldnt have got a better experience, honestly when you leave that country you are another completely person in the good way!. Its well known that New delhiis a hussle and bussle city therefore I wouldnt hesitate to recommend "bridge the world tours & travels delhi", very kind staff and over all reliable. Greeting to Manu! the best driver ever!. The manager of the agency kept always in touch with us trough facebook, reasonable prices. Definitely if you want to enjoy 100% you stay in India contact them!, Thanks for all Rishi!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

Agree with deepakrishnan,

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

I can't speak highly enough of the service Rishi at "Bridge the World Tours and Travels" provides for his customers. He went out of his way to ensure that we got a locals view of Dehli rather than the tourist's view alone. English is not a problem. His guides have an excellent grasp of English and a great knowledge of the local area. We even got to experience an Indian Engagement Party. This was a budget part of town but I never felt unsafe.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

I booked a tour with Rishi from "Bridge the World Tours and Travels" a few years ago and I can't think of a better way to have visited Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. He took us to all the interesting places to see, many wonderful places for shopping on the way and was the best guide one could ask for. He went out of his way to make sure my mother and I saw the insides of India and not just the things tourists want to see. The fact that he masters the English language so well was a definite bonus. I would most definitely recommend booking your tours through him and if I go back to India, he will be the first person I contact. Thank you very much Rishi.

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

We are a couple from Sweden and we also highly rekommend you To Book your tour through the agency Bridge the World Tours and Travels Delhi. We have had very nice experiences around Jaipur and Agra and mr Rishi cared a lot about Our security and Our well.

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

We are a couple from Sweden and we also highly rekommend you To Book your tour through the agency Bridge the World Tours and Travels Delhi. We have had very nice experiences around Jaipur and Agra and mr Rishi cared a lot about Our security and Our well.

8. Re: Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 08:35
Prague, Czech...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

We booked a package holiday by this agency, which included train tickets, hotels with breakfast, car and driver - all for 9 days + safari in Ranthambore national park. It didn t seem to be overprised and despite some minor troubles, we were generally satisfied. I think it would be difficult to find any much better provider in India.

Prague, Czech...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel agency recommendations in New Delhi?

We were satisfied in our trip to Agra and Rajastan in February 2014. Altought the communication with the driver was sometimes difficult (different accent + he took us to do some shopping, what was not our idea), we saw the most important places and could reach them easily. The car and hotels were very good. I think in term of India they provide quite professional service.

Edited: 14 March 2014, 14:32