We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you want a safe and reliable driver.

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
If you want a safe and reliable driver.

Hi,

I'd like to say that I've used Ankit for two days to go Agra to see the Taj Mahal and to go to Jaipur. Ankit is very nice and more importantly drives very safe. He doesn't rush things and gives you very solid recommendations for food as well as sights to see. His English is also very good.

I would highly recommend Ankit he caters to your needs and is very courteous--made me and my sister feel safe the whole time. His contact details are:

+91-9818434712

sugar.ankit@yahoo.com

I know I don't have much posts, but I had to create an account to give this guy some business. He is a real nice guy and won't let you down.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you want a safe and reliable driver.

Thanks for the self promotion

Jaipur, India
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: If you want a safe and reliable driver.

Self Promotion

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you want a safe and reliable driver.

Not self promotion lol. I am in Delhi right now for business, used a different driver for Business meetings as Ankit said he only does sightseeing drives, so I can tell the difference between a safe driver and a reckless driver as I've used others.

Don't be so cynical, this guy is actually very good and just nice, so I thought I'd do him a solid and help him out by writing a review which I am too lazy to do usually.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: If you want a safe and reliable driver.

I agree with you but you should just write the name of the driver not contact number on this from.

Arun

Kusadasi, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you want a safe and reliable driver.

Ankit was a wonderful driver. He was always on the time. When we landed in Delhi i was a little bit nervous, because it was our first time in India. But we met with Ankit with a sign with my name. He could speak very good English as well. Thank you Ankit for the safe drive in Delhi. I definately recommend Ankit. He will not let you down.

SURREY, UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: If you want a safe and reliable driver.

Hi,

You did not mention how much it costed you for the whole day hire of the taxi and did it include his food and tolls ?

thanks

Athens, Greece
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: If you want a safe and reliable driver.

My husband and I hit the jackpot when we found Ankit, or Sugar as he is known, to be our driver on our trip round the Golden Triangle and Rajasthan recently. It was our first time in India and the transportation issue was therefore of major importance. We needn't have worried, Sugar was by our side every step of the way, making sure that our trip was trouble-free, comfortable and a memorable experience.

He was utterly professional as a safe and reliable driver maintaining his air-conditioned car to a high standard and with his impeccable English, courtesy and profound knowledge of the whole area and natural sense of caring for our every need. He provided a constant supply of cold water and juice, information of every kind including advice on where to eat, where to shop and where to take photos and could arrange guides for sight seeing if we so wished.

At the end of the trip we felt we had gained a special friend. We can highly recommend Sugar!

Sugar's blog link is: http://indiandriverankit.blogspot.co.uk/

Edited: 09 June 2014, 19:54
Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,059 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you want a safe and reliable driver.

This is purely self promotion.i have seen this email id for many times in this forum which is purely used regularly to make this driver active in TA.

Dear ahmed,

1) did you joined in.TA in march 2014 to just post post about driver and have nothing else to do.was there any magic occured or was any illusion thought in your mind to post a great topic in TA forum only and didnt you seen any other pages in TA except forum.may be home page got when loading TA was this new delhi forum-write a topic.

2)did you enjoyed your driver only.is this the top thing among your driver.dont you have anything to say about places seen,accomodations,experience etc.or is this driver above taj mahal.

3)did anybody asked here to give suggestion of driver.what was your thought when you write this with contact details.

4)if you love a driver only for your trip,why you wasted money for all these accomodation,sight seeing etc.why cant you roam round with your own driver in your home town for weeks or months.

5)usually slang and language style used by different people from different part of world vary a lot.how all these great reviewers post is having a same style.did you people passed theae reviews through any machines to make it unique before posting?

6)why most of self promoters are silent after posting a topic.dont you guys ever bothered to login again.i have send a PM to more than 10 great self promoters and havnt seen any reply.

Anyway we are still expecting some more self promoters to reply here or even start a new topic to make this great driver active in TA.

solo_traveler_3
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: If you want a safe and reliable driver.

geez guys, tried to do a nice thing and you guys are really making it difficult. SO, here goes for the cynics out there.

I did Taj Mahal and then Jaipur in 2 days. Came back to Delhi after Taj Mahal and next day woke up very early to go Jaipur. He charged us 10K INR + I gave him a nice tip because he was so helpful with suggestions and took us to nice restaurants.

I am not here to talk about the sights as other have covered it very well. The Taj Mahal is The Taj Mahal, you won't regret going to see it. And in my opinion, Jaipur is even better--rustic India, beautiful.

I used TA to find a good driver, so I know others must be looking for the same this is why I am leaving the review + he was such a good and safe driver why not give him a review. It does him good and his family at the same time it does the next tourists who;s looking for a safe driver some good too.

I stayed at the Shangri La in New Delhi. It sucked--awful food, we got sick from it. Not the driver's fault lol, so it's irrelevant.

vejen
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If you want a safe and reliable driver.

Hello ,I just come back from travel in India .I used Ankit from day one until day last and I can say only amazing thing about him -he become my friend also!He is a professionalist in his job .His car is almost new (3 years old Suzuki) - always have a beer and water in his car for free:)Me and my friend use him for airport transfer,for traveling in Delhi + trip to Rajastan -about 12 days ...the price was something like 600 $ for a driver ,fuel ,guide in some cities,all taxes -no hide expense and we was very happy at our choice!!!He always help us with tips about this place and other place ,actually we feel very safe all the time !!!

Thank you my friend for your hospitality and great profesionalism !!!See you again im my next trip to India !!!