We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic passenger buying Alcohol at T3 Delhi Int Terminal

Pune, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Domestic passenger buying Alcohol at T3 Delhi Int Terminal

Can Domestic Passenger buy duty free Alcohol at T3 terminal.??? I heard that the duty free shop tends to sell the alcohol to Domestic passenger to increase their sell. Please share your valuable Info.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Domestic passenger buying Alcohol at T3 Delhi Int Terminal

Hello,

The arrival area of Domestic Air India Passengers and International Air India Passengers are different, yes the terminal is same but area is different. You can not access a duty free shop while arriving on Domestic arrival hall of International terminal.. You can not buy duty free alcohol. But you can buy a duty paid alcohol as there is a wine shop just outside the domestic arrival hall at T3.

Regards,

Piyush

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Domestic passenger buying Alcohol at T3 Delhi Int Terminal

Though AIR INDIA and JET have flights where Domestic passengers have access to International Duty Free Shops, the Domestic Passengers are not sold items from DUTY FREE. To purchase you need Passport and Boarding Pass which has to be international travel boarding pass. The reason is such purchase violates the TAXATION norms when sold DUTY FREE to DOMESTIC passengers. Also the DUTY FREE shops can not sell inclusive of TAXES as their overall system is not set up that way. No other reasons for not selling to Domestic Passenger.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
12,342 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Domestic passenger buying Alcohol at T3 Delhi Int Terminal

Hello

Tomorrow i am travelling to Mumbai from Patna via Delhi.My connecting flight from Delhi is an international flight flying on Shangai -Delhi-Mumbai route.As it will depart from international departure so i will have access to duty free shops.Wont try for liquor as even if they sell i wont be able to board on domestic routes with liquid.Can i buy other things as chocolates from duty free?

Thanx

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
12,342 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Domestic passenger buying Alcohol at T3 Delhi Int Terminal

Hi

Last week had chance to travel between delhi to mumbai by an international flight through international departure.I get access to duty free area but wast allowed to buy from duty free shop.They were scaning passport and boarding paas while making the bill.

Thanx

15. Re: Domestic passenger buying Alcohol at T3 Delhi Int Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about New Delhi