We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Arrivals and Departures

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Arrivals and Departures

I mean no disrespect…just curious as to why flight arrivals and departures in India are at such odd times by my usual experiences. We arrive at 3:00 am and depart at 4:35 am.

My bigger question I guess is what to do when I arrive at 3:00 am. I imagine customs etc. will take a while, but I will likely be exhausted and ready to get cleaned up after nearly 24 hours of travel. Do hotels allow REALLY early check-in, or do you have to wait until late afternoon to get into a hotel?

Oh! And when do I use the word Delhi and when do I say New Delhi?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Arrivals and Departures

Most of the international flights operate between 00:00 to 05:00 hrs.

If you arrive at 03:00 hrs, you will be most probably out of customs around 03:45 hrs & will reach your hotel in 30 minutes. Some hotels provide early check-in around 08:00 hrs or even 07:00 sometimes. In worst case, you need to pay a night price for check-in.

You can use Delhi most of the time. :)

Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Arrivals and Departures

Hi Reef 2020,

It is not true that all International flights come in odd time.

See the following link to know all arrival & departure details :

Hari Mangal

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
382 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Arrivals and Departures

The flight timings are more to do with restrictions on landing/takeoff primarily in Europe. To comply with that flight timings are such for landings in India.

As regards early check in, my experience is that 2/3 star hotels are more accomodative than 4/5 star hotels. Still, by requesting them you may get a room by about 9am. They will allow the use of facilities even if room is not ready for you to freshen up.

One always can pay for the previous night and check in a 4 am.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Arrivals and Departures

There are lots of misunderstanding going on. As you will arrive at 03:00 hrs so after all formalities you will reach hotel by 4:30 so there are some hotels which provide early check inn if rooms are available otherwise you have to wait in lobby. In my suggestion you should book the room for the earlier night too.

5. Re: Flight Arrivals and Departures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:16