We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi - Agra same day

Hyderabad, India
8 posts
Save Topic
Delhi - Agra same day

Hi

I am landing in Delhi airport at 8.15am. I have a train to Haridwar at 11.55pm from NDLS station.

I would like to make a day trip to agra to see the Taj Mahal. Will it be possible ? I understand that this might be too short a time , but wanting to see Taj has been on my bucket list for over a decade. Ofcourse if it will be impossible to fit it in and most of you vote against it I will leave it out. Any suggestions on what the trip itinerary should be ? Will it be possible to get a taxi from the Airport ? What should the approx. fare be ? Thanks

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,697 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi - Agra same day

Hi !

Tajmahal is possible - provided you hire a car and travel through express-way. You may not be able to cover nearby places like Mathura, Fatehpur Sikri etc. However, Taj, Agra Fort, Sikandara is doable.

I may not be able to tell you the correct taxi-fare, probably our local TA friends will be able to estimate it correctly.

Do not cancel your plans.

All the best.

CarLink

Edited: 06 April 2014, 06:08
Ahmedabad
Level Contributor
13 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi - Agra same day

Yes Of Course. Taj Mahal is 3 Hr Driver from New Delhi Station. You can make it. You can freshen up at the Retirin Rooms and take a cab. They will usually charge around Rs. 5000 - 7000 for a return trip. Depending on the car you chose. For safest option, Meruplus cabs are also good. And take the expressway. IT indeed saves time. All the best.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi - Agra same day

Hi

you have much time in the hand to go for day trip of tajmahal & agra fort.

if you landed at Delhi airport on time then drive to agra via old Road because it's easy to go out fm Delhi. Easily you reach at Fort till 1230 hrs. Visit fort till 1315 hrs and lunch.

enter in tajmahal at 1430 hrs visit till 1600 hrs.

drive back via express way till 1930-2000 hrs.

its doable itinerary.

you can book in advance any reliable car and druver for your comfort.

tajmahal is close every Friday so careful.

For Toyota innova cost is 8000-10000

Tata or dzire suzuki is 5000-6000 including all.

Thanks.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi - Agra same day

Hi

you have much time in the hand to go for day trip of tajmahal & agra fort.

if you landed at Delhi airport on time then drive to agra via old Road because it's easy to go out fm Delhi. Easily you reach at Fort till 1230 hrs. Visit fort till 1315 hrs and lunch.

enter in tajmahal at 1430 hrs visit till 1600 hrs.

drive back via express way till 1930-2000 hrs.

its doable itinerary.

you can book in advance any reliable car and druver for your comfort.

tajmahal is close every Friday so careful.

For Toyota innova cost is 8000-10000

Tata or dzire suzuki is 5000-6000 including all.

Thanks.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi - Agra same day

Hello PhotogGirl2,

Given the time between your landing in Delhi and your train to Haridwar, you can easily do it though do not fit in too much in your things to do and restrict yourself to seeing the Taj Mahal.

I do not know where would you be flying in from, thus assuming that you are flying in from Hyderabad and live there. Would you have a lot of luggage? Where would you keep that luggage while you are visiting the Taj? Book your car through a reliable company, thus you would have peace of mind. Ensure that you have enough buffer of time for you to catch your train.

Another option for you to consider. Look at the train option. You could go to the Railway Station upon landing in Delhi, catch a train to Agra, hire a cab in Agra for whatever time you are there. Take the evening Bhopal Shatabdi back to NDLS or any other train earlier and come back to the station from where your train leaves well in time for your journey to Haridwar.

Few train links for your review

Del to Agra - indiarailinfo.com/search/…450

Agra to Del - indiarailinfo.com/search/…664

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,378 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi - Agra same day

It is very much possible to visit Taj Mahal but would be quite hectic, no relax at all till next morning. A mid size car will cost you approx 6500.00 to 7000.00 Rs.

7. Re: Delhi - Agra same day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:17