We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Mumbai or not......

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
To Mumbai or not......

Hi fellow travellers

We have the opportunity to go to Goa in November to stay at a neighbours apartment. She has recommended a couple of days stop over in Delhi which we plan on doing. My confusion at the moment is whether to just pass thru Mumbai on our way from Goa to Delhi, or whether to stop at Mumbai for a couple of days. I know this is very much a question of choice, but although pretty well travelled I know little about India.

If we did stop in Mumbai it would be for max 2 nights.

Anyone any thoughts.

Sorry for the non-specifics but I'm more after opinion on which to start my own decision making.

Happy travelling,

Lex

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Mumbai or not......

Hi Lex,

If time allows you,why not. It would be nice to see the Gateway of India, Hazi Ali Dargah, and Dharavi slum areas. Mumbai has got much to offer.

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Mumbai or not......

I guess if time allows you will like the stay in delhi with a visit to Taj Mahal and Jaipur :)

Cheers

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,868 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Mumbai or not......

Hi,

Mumbai awaits your visit.

Welcome to Mumbai

CarLink

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Mumbai or not......

You may stop in Mumbai as it offers many things to show such as Gateway of India, Elephant caves, Haji Ali, Dhobi Ghat ( Open laundry ) Temples ( Siddh Vinayak & Maha Laxmi) Churchgate, Chaupati & Juhu beach, excursion to Karla & Bhaja caves etc... You won't be disappointed in choosing Mumbai.

Day trip to TAJ MAHAL from Delhi is also suggestible.

Hari Mangal

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
908 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To Mumbai or not......

Hi, you have a long flight from UK, my advise is to make the most of your air fare and go to Mumbai, flights in India are cheap.

Cheers Carole

London, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To Mumbai or not......

Thank you all.

We have booked our flights today and will have two nights in Delhi, 10 nights in Goa and two nights in Mumbai in November.

Perfect.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,868 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To Mumbai or not......

Welcome to Mumbai.

CarLink

8. Re: To Mumbai or not......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 06:17