We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
93 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

from delhi Domestic airport(terminal 1D), what is the best way to travel to Akshardham temple.

Is local metro goes there?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

You can go by metro. First you would have to go to the metro station of airport via the shuttle buses that run and then you can see the route-map of metro. Metro would be the quickest was of reaching Akshardham from the Airport.

Regards,

Sunil

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
93 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

suniltendulkar;

-any bus no. from airport to metro station ?

-do we need to change the train for akshardham?

-also after visiting akshardham i need to catch the train from new delhi in the night so how is the transportation from akshardham to new delhi railway station?

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

If you prefer taking metro (which of course will save time) is to take a DIAL shuttle service from terminal 1D to terminal 3 and take metro for the onward journey from terminal 3. You will have to change 2 metro line i.e. terminal 3 (orange line) to New Delhi and then from New Delhi metro station (yellow line) to Rajiv Chowk. Then take blue line to Akshardham temple. Should take you around 1 hr and 15 minutes to get there.

Buses can certainly take you there but I won't recommend due to traffic congestion and timing.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

Namaste,

The best way is to take Airport Express bus (Airport to mori gate) upto Cannaught place. Then go for underground metro(blue line)from Cannaught place(station name is Rajiv Chowk) to Akshardham.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
93 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

Namaste Virsa;

Thank you for this information. as per this route how much time will take to reach akshardham?

and approx. cost of travelling?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
93 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

InderTE;

- I am travelling in couple. will it be recomanded to change 2 lines with some luggage?

- how is the option if we travel to some extend by bus from airport & from there we get direct metro to nearest station of akshardham?

- in afternoon 1.30pm we will be in delhi so in that time frame delhi roads are loaded with heavy traffic?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

It will take max. 1 hour. Per person it may cost around 100 Rs

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
93 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

I have seen the route map of delhi metro rail;

option1: bus/auto direct to rajiv chowk & from there blue line to akshardham

option2: orange line from airport to new delhi & from there direct auto/bus to akshardham

which one is suitable with connectivity ?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delhi airport to akshardham commutation

option 1.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
93 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply