We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

London
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

Hello travellers!

My husband and I are holidaying in India later this year. We have put together a preliminary itinerary and would like you feedback:

2nd December- arrive in Delhi - stay at leela palace

3rd December - stay at leela palace

4th December - drive to Agra. Hotel tbd (Oberoi too expensive!)

5th December- drive to ranthambore national park - stay at sher bagh

6th December- stay at sher bagh

7th December - stay at sher bagh

8th December - drive to Jaipur- stay at tree of life

9th December - stay at tree of life

10th December - stay at tree of life

11th December - drive to udaipur- stay at Devi Garh by lebua

12th December- stay at Devi Garh by lebua

13th December - stay at Devi Garh by lebua

14th December - drive to jodhpur - stay at RAAS jodhpur

15th December - stay at RAAS jodhpur

16th December- drive to Delhi- stay at leela palace

17th December -fly home

Any advice on the above? We are independent travellers so are happy to book the hotels separately unless an agent could get us good deals on the whole thing(in exactly the hotels specified above).

We would get a driver and car. Would you recommend we get one for the duration? Or pick different ones up for different segments?

Does the route make sense?

Any other thoughts, advice welcome!

Many many thanks in advance

:)

Agra, India
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

you could cover more places. You should consult a tour agency. They will give you good deal. There are many agencies listed in trip advisor or you can try agrataxiservice.co.in and sethtaxiservice@gmail.com.

You have time so take quotation from many agencies and instruct them to include your preferred hotel in their quotation.

London
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

Hi subhash,

Thanks for your reply. We don't want to rush our time in India and prefer to take our time, relax and soak it all in. We don't want to pack as much in as possible. On this basis would you think it is a good route?

I will check out tour agencies as you suggest.

Thank you

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,200 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

HI Allie,

Your itinerary looks pretty good, I'm glad you are not rushing through the cities as some tourists tend to do! I would defintiely give your proposed plan and wishes to a local indian based tour operator and see what deals he can get for you on the hotels. Good tour operators deal with these hotels often and they deal in high volume and often can get you deals that you cannot possibly get on your own as a single tourist client. I experienced this myself on my first trip of three to India when I stayed in 5 star hotels, I was amazed at the deal that my tour operator, Sabu from Icon India tours (http://www.iconindiatours.com/index/) was able to get me. We had a car & driver the entire time with us also. Do a search on the company here on trip advisor and you will find dozens of excellent reviews.

hope that helps you, Jo

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

We should not advertise on this forum.

Arun

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

Your tour itinerary is perfect. I think you no need any help.

Arun

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

Dear visitors

You have great choice of hotels and route also. But you must need one night in between jodhpur to Delhi because it's 600+ kilometers. or take a flight for Delhi.

Oberoi hotel (amarvilas) is similar costs as Leela palace Delhi.

You will just need one reliable chauffeur with SUV type Toyota innova for entire itinerary Delhi to Delhi.

Just need change is last day drive jodhpur to Pushkar and night in pushkar.

Finally drive pushkar to Delhi and enjoy your tour with color and culture of the country.

Thanks and regards

agra
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

Oberoi in Agra is expensive but its worth , choose the room with Taj Mahal view.

For cheaper price you can go for Radisson blu , Trident and ITC mughal all are good.

Itinerary look perfect.

I'm Ranthambore go for private jeep safari for better experience.

Cheers

india
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

hello good morning thanks your sharing your tours advise with same people i thinks tours itanary and hotels are good by time if your cover same more city that's are rush for you your note coming for work that's are your holiday you can fine many good driver with nice car if your book driver with same company they are just drive by time note in your choice or time they are give you time off them note flow off your time thanks have a nice day hope your enjoy your India tours

jaipur
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

Hi

your tour route is perfect

no need to change and for car and driver I think you can keep one car and driver that will be good you can choose any one from TripAdvisor there are lot of operator and they will give you a better deal

regards

Shyam

10. Re: 2 weeks from Delhi itinerary feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 18:32