We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

regarding confirmation of tickets

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Topic
regarding confirmation of tickets

hi

I have booked my 4 tickets from delhi to patna junction in lal quila exp in ac 3 tier and it is waiting list 7,8,9 and 10 for 29th may 2014 through internet reservation

as I am thinking that it will not confirm so please kindly advise me and tell me the chances of confirmation of this e-ticket

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
12,186 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: regarding confirmation of tickets

It's really hard to predict. Some trains have more cancellations than others. In addition, some compartments have more births than others. An easy way to find out the likelihood of your waitlist ticket being confirmed (or even advancing to RAC status) is to go to India Rail Info website and sign up. Go to the PNR Forum tab and enter your PNR (passenger reservation number) where specified and click on "Post PNR for Prediction/Analysis".

It will automatically retrieve the details of your booking.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: regarding confirmation of tickets

Hello,

It is actually very unpredictable specially with 3 A/C coaches as the seats are limited plus it is time of Summer Vacations in India and people tend to travel a lot during this season. What you can do is to wait till 25-26th may if it gets clear then it is fine otherwise ask your agent to book the ticket on emergency quota where the tickets are a bit expensive but at least you will get a confirmed ticket.

Regards,

Piyush Sengar

3. Re: regarding confirmation of tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:23