We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi?

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
B&B near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi?

Hi

I have a cardiac procedure in Apollo in June 2014 and would like to stay at a place preferably ground floor and with a kitchen.... Can someone please guide?

I need WiFi, cleanliness and a cook..........

Thanks..

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi?

Namaste!

delhitourism.gov.in/delhitourism/…bb-list.pdf

There are many options in this list. However, i could find S.No. 2 as better option.

Feel free to ask for any help & best wishes for your treatment. :)

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi?

Hi Virsa,

Thanks for your advise on the B&B in Sarita Vihar.... (You suggested the 2nd in the list i.e. Polo Premier Home Stay) and it looks like the right place to stay..... Let me get in touch with them...

Btw I also asked the staff in Apollo and they suggested the same place you mentioned plus a few more... Some places in Sarita Vihar, Maharani Bagh and Friends Colony.... Do you think the other areas can be considered too?

My first priority is cleanliness and the second is the distance as I have learnt from my friends back home that traffic in Delhi can be a nightmare....

Thanks again

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi?

You can consider friends colony. Chittaranjan (CR) Park & Greater Kailash. These places are clean & visitor friendly. :)

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi?

Sarita Vihar is close as well as clean. You could try that.

C R park etc are also good but can take upto 40 minutes in busy hours. So if most of your travelling is between 830am-10am and 530-730pm then try choosing Sarita Vihar over the rest.

Hope this helps..

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi?

Sarita Vihar is close as well as clean. You could try that.

C R park etc are also good but can take upto 40 minutes in busy hours. So if most of your travelling is between 830am-10am and 530-730pm then try choosing Sarita Vihar over the rest.

Hope this helps..

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi?

Hi everyone,

So its been almost a week since I am here. And for the benefit of all, here is what I learnt...

I am sure there will be a number of people who will be as worried about their stay during a medical visit to India...

I went through all the tests and now I am waiting for the results and up next will be my suregery in 4 days....

So coming back to the search for right place to stay near Apollo hospital...Well it depends on your budget, ability to travel, dietary needs etc.

If you want to have access to a kitchen and want to have a say in what you want to eat and how it should be cooked, opt for a B&B. Among them for Rs.3000 upwards a night - look at areas such as Maharani Bagh, New Friends Colony and Sukhdev Vihar. I started with a B&B in New Friends Colony. Though its rooms were pretty spacious and clean but travelling was a bit of a pain.. Sometimes 40 minutes to get back from Apollo... I started looking for something closer..

I found a place in Sarita Vihar - Polo Premier ( saritaviharguesthouse ) pretty decent. I ended up being here as it was closer and I could check their kitchen. They have a nice person to cook. An ex - army fellow who provides home cooked food... I noticed he knew everything - low salt and oil etc...

Apparently they have another place called Polo residency too near by... Similar location and rooms but one has to cook himself...

So here is my recommendation -

If you have a short stay (say 2-3 days) and can afford a higher budget, then you could look at B&B's in Maharani Bagh and Sukhdev Vihar etc... You can have home cooked food here as well... But if you have to stay longer then you have to move closer considering the time it takes to travel...

I also visited an area called Jasola near Apollo. There are places to stay in 1800-2000 rupee range but the area is kind of new and for shopping etc you have to go to Sarita Vihar again.... Plus the food you get in these places are not home cooked... As these are mostly guest houses and not B&Bs...

So its totally upto the traveller's priorities.... I would sill go for places in Sarita Vihar...

Chow !

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi?

Thank you, this is very helpful.

8. Re: B&B near Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:15