We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jinju, South Korea
14 posts
Save Topic
from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

Dear.

guess this is a bit frequent question, but need to post again for me.

Our flight from Kolkata arrive at 20:55 New delhi(indigo air).

And our train will start at 22:00(New delhi) or 22:15(Suzbi mandi).

We(4 people) won't carry check-in baggage and will take the pre-paid taxi.

And the date is 3rd Aug(Sunday night).

The train is often or usually delayed by the trainenquiry.com(2-3 hours). so I'll check the train shcedule on the right day.

But my concern is that it is possible to catch the train(not considering the delay of arrival of train)

. Because the agency try to charge a bit much in changing flights.

Please give me some information.

Goldie

Edited: 11 June 2014, 10:02
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

you have one hour to reach the station so its a must to know about the details of your train - like which platform it leaves from coz only then will you be able to decide which side of the station to enter from

coz if your train leaves from platform 1-8 then it is better to enter from the pahar ganj entry and if your train leaves from platform 9-16 then you should ideally enter from the Ajmeri gate side to save on some time

you are very likely to miss the train in case you are stuck in a jam but do let the cabbie know that you need to get to the station in time otherwise you might miss the train

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

You have exactly 65 minutes to commute between the airport and the railway station (New Delhi). The distance between the two is 22 km, which a pre-paid taxi can cover between 45 minutes to 1 hour. On the other hand, an Airport Express Metro will take only 25 minutes to take you there. However, you may need to wait for the train as well as the shuttle that can take you from the domestic terminal to international terminal.

Jinju, South Korea
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

Thanks for kind reply. Mr travelalong.

You mean new delhi station...maybe.

How about subzI Mandi?

There train start 22:15.

And we'll leave for Amritsar no. 18101.

Regards

Jinju, South Korea
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

Thank you Kaisar.

But the metro or express is not our option.

Many transfer and waiting so on...

Anyway thank you again.

Meerut
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

Its impossible to catch from new delhi and subji mandi, both. Its better to reschedule or pray that train gets late. Probably I can help you more if you can tell me train name, number or destination.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

you might just have chosen the worst train to travel on the delhi amritsar circuit the TATA MURI -HTE - JAT EXP

is a very slow train and its stoppage at the sabzi mandi station is just for 1 min and it is sometime impossible to catch a train in the duration

and plz be advised that the train does not come to the New delhi railway station(NDLS) -infact it goes to the old delhi railway station also called delhi

Jinju, South Korea
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

Thank you for the correction, Travelalong.

Right. it's old Delhi.

We picked that train(18101) because it meets our time and give us enough time to sleep(prefer night train due to short holiday)

anyway What do you mean we can't abroad in one minute in some case at the Subzi Mandi railway station?

Too many passengers? or they skip the stop?

If not, the Subzi Mandi give more time to arrive for us.

Actually we considered to cancel the flight and rebook the flight to Amitsar.

But after few day's check, we found the train always delayed for 2 or 3 hours.

So we'll try.

and many thanks again.

and to Sharadmadan, too.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

My dear friend, mark my word, it will be impossible to catch a train which leaves 22:00-22:15 from old or mandi railway stations even if your flight arrives dot at 20:55. If luck is in your favour, the train may get late. But my advice is to you, don't rely on luck. Bcoz it betrays you when you'll need it most.

Welcome to my country. Enjoy!!!

Ankit.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

its a big risk you are taking

if i was you i would either book a early morning flight and rest in the sleeping pods at the airport itself or book a early morning(leaving New delhi at 6/7 AM) train for amritsar

Meerut
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: from domestic airport to new delhi or subzi mandi station?

Sabji Mandi station is in very congested area and its a small station where only slow trains halt for a minute. If you ,miss your train (which is very likely) then you will ruin your entire plan. better to reschedule.