We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to India>Private tour or Plan myself

los angeles
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to India>Private tour or Plan myself

I'm visiting India for the first time and can't decide if I should book a private tour or plan the trip myself. I'm an avid travel and typically don't use travel agencies or book tours, but India is so vast and chaotic I'm wondering if it's best to go the private tour route. My itinerary is this>Delhi>Varanasi>Khajuraho>Agra>Jaipur>Bundi>Jodhpur>Jaipur>Jaisalmer>Udaipur>Pushkar

I will be there Oct. 15 - Nov. 4, including Diwali and Pushkar Camel Fair. Because I'm going to lots of places is it best to have a company handle all my transport from location to location? Thanks in advance for any advice. Namaste!

Taj Adventure World
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Delhi by Locals
City Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Incredible Real India Tours & Travels
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Driver India Private Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: First trip to India>Private tour or Plan myself

Suggest you take only transport from travel company. Plan your sight seeing on your own and you can always book hotels on your own. Its always a good idea to use a reputed travel company in india as there are lot of people who can misguide you. Cheers!!

New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: First trip to India>Private tour or Plan myself

Dear visitors

If you hire reliable and independent chauffeur for your trip of Delhi - agra - and rajasthan then take quote from 3 - 4 reliable services providers before finals your options. Here on this forum normally every DE is belong to travel agents or independent services providers.

I suggest take quote from local DE for better services and quote also affordable. hope it will be help you.

Level Contributor
3,550 posts
624 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: First trip to India>Private tour or Plan myself

OP hasn't been back since June 11. I hope this thread is useful to others.

24. Re: First trip to India>Private tour or Plan myself

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:16