We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golden triangle - solo female traveller

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
golden triangle - solo female traveller

Hi,

I am planning to visit India in November for work reasons and would like to extend my stay by few days (4 - max. 5 days) to visit the Golden Triangle.There are many drivers, etc listed on the trip advisor however as I am a female and will be in India on my own I am concerned about personal safety. I'd appreciate if any fellow female travellers could perhaps share their recommendations/advice on best/safest Golden triangle tour operators/drivers/tours/guides? Thank you in advance!

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: golden triangle - solo female traveller

Dear visitors

Your welcome for the golden triangle tour with Colors of India.4-5 days is sufficient for this trip.

I hope you have good time in Delhi - agra - jaipur. It's very safe but normally if you are more careful that is more good for anyone.

Thanks and regards

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golden triangle - solo female traveller

Hi annamagda,

The ideal itinerary for Golden Triangle is 5 nights. Delhi-2 nights,Agra - 1 night ,Jaipur - 2 nights.

However, this circuit can be done in shorter period of time also if you have time constraints.

Thanks

3. Re: golden triangle - solo female traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 15:35
4. Re: golden triangle - solo female traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 15:35
New Delhi, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: golden triangle - solo female traveller

Hello dear.

There is ideal tour program for you.

Day 1. New Delhi

Day 2.Old Delhi and Akshardham Temple.

Day 3.Drive Agra Visit Taj Mahal & Agra fort.

Day 4.Drive Jaipur on the way to Fatahpur Shikri or Bharatpur bird century. Evening is free for shopping in local Market.

Day 5.Take a tour of Jaipur. Don't miss elephant riding at Amber fort.

Day 6. Drop to Delhi airport.

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: golden triangle - solo female traveller

hi annamagda

golden triangle is safe route,on safer side u should book ur tour from licensed tour operator.

Edited: 22 June 2014, 06:38
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,897 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: golden triangle - solo female traveller

5 days are good enough to do a golden triangle.There are several ways to do this tour...u still have time in hand....scratch the forum a bit....book the hotels online...arrange a transport,book the tour guides directly and there are members and DE on this forum who may help u out.

If you want to avoid planning by yourself u can contact tour operators to organize this for u who r listed and recommended on this forum...it is always better to get the quote from 2-3 operators before getting to a final conclusion.

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: golden triangle - solo female traveller

You can book this tour your self. There are so many recommendations of drivers/guides/travel agents on this forum. You send them private massage. Traveling with car and driver & visiting monuments with guide is 100% safe for solo female traveller.

Arun

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: golden triangle - solo female traveller

well said

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: golden triangle - solo female traveller

November is one of the best times to travel in the region.

You could travel Delhi/Sawai Madhopur by train ( for Ranthambore Game Sanctuary. There are several trains each day.Book a lodge at Ranthambore with pick up/drop off and game drive.

Sawai Madhopur/Jaipur by train. The Ranthambore Express may suit you. Two nights at Jaipur. You could consider staying at Dera Rawatsar. For the journey to Agra consider having a car and driver from Jaipur stopping at Abhaneri Stepwell,Bharatpur,Fatehpur sikri enroute. If you have time a night at Bharatpur would be worthwhile for visiting the Bird Sanctuary.

From Agra you could take an evening train back to Delhi.