We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's eve - where to stay

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,846 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's eve - where to stay

I know is a bit early to start thinking about NYE celebrations, but I need to decide soon on which area to stay.

We are a couple, not highly interested in parties or drinking, but we find ourselves in a big city during NYE for the first time in a few years. Since we always travel during that time of the year, we are either on a plane or at a small town somewhere in the world. So I woukd like to stay in an area of Delhi where I could easily find a nice restaurant to have dinner or a nice place to listen to music or even dance.

Going through theforum, I can see the usual recommendations are Connaught Place, Saket or Gurgaon. Based on what I just told you, which area would you recommend and why? Thanks!

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,073 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's eve - where to stay

You can stay at Connaught place. This is the area which has old history of new year celebrations with many restaurants and good hotels.

deepak

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,947 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's eve - where to stay

Hi

In Delhi you found modern NYE but if you going to rajasthan then jaisalmer is suitable for your interest.

Cheers

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,846 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's eve - where to stay

Due to my travel dates and itinerary I will not be able to change my location, so I will have to stay in Delhi.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,838 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's eve - where to stay

Connaught place would be best location among all three.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
263 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's eve - where to stay

These areas are recommended as almost all good restaurants here arrange special gala dinners on NYE. A lot of restaurants in CP do arrange live music as well though there are traffic restrictions around CP. In Saket, you can walk around in the Malls and have a good time and nice dinner. Though you may find them very crowded. If you choose Gurgaon, you can also look into the option of staying at a resort who are arranging a special dinner with live show. You shall find many.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
15,095 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's eve - where to stay

Hi

If you can move for a day or two then i would suggest shimla.On 31st move to shimla by toy train.Stroll around the Mall,feel some old colonial touch, relax in any leisure hotel and enjoy your NYE.Other wise cannaught place area is good,lots of option.From five star to pubs,every thing is there.

Thanx

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,846 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year's eve - where to stay

So both CP and Saket but will offer multiple choices.

Will these areas be similar to the Times Square NYE celebration in NYC in terms of crowds? Just trying to find a reasonable comparison. I guess I rather choose the place where it gets less crowded.

8. Re: New Year's eve - where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:18