We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Delhi Intl Airport to Le Meridien Delhi

Malaysia
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Delhi Intl Airport to Le Meridien Delhi

Hi,

I need some advice on airport transfer by taxi from Delhi Int'l Airport to Le Meridien Delhi.

We will arrive at approx 11.40am.

I gathered that there are 2 types of taxis available at the airport i.e Prepaid taxi and Radio Cab.

May I know which one is more reliable?

How much would be the estimated cost for 2 adults?

Where can I find their booth?

Thank you

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), India
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Delhi Intl Airport to Le Meridien Delhi

Both are equally reliable. Pre-paid option is cheaper since the taxis are older and do not have air-conditioning. The fare here would be around Rs 350. Radio cabs are newer and air-conditioned, therefore more comfortable. The fare would be around Rs. 450.

Have not landed in Delhi International airport in a while, so can't say where the booth would be. Maybe this link will help.

newdelhiairport.in/to-from-airport-tool.aspx

Malaysia
Level Contributor
85 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Delhi Intl Airport to Le Meridien Delhi

I believed the radio cabs run on metres. Will the driver takes us for a joy ride before sending us to the final destination?

Can we prebook prior to arrival at Delhi Intl Airport? If so, will there be additional charge for prebooking?

Thank you

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Delhi Intl Airport to Le Meridien Delhi

Hi

If you landed at mid day then use airport metro till ashok road near connaught place. From there two minutes by auto or by walk but if you want taxi or radio taxi then not big issue because inside and outside you easily found prepaid booth. their is booth sign and easily got vouchers of taxis.

Thanks

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), India
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Delhi Intl Airport to Le Meridien Delhi

It is unlikely that the radio cab driver will take you via a long route. It is not possible to pre-book pre-paid taxis, unless you have the mobile number of the taxi driver. While pre-booking of radiocabs is possible otherwise (and it is a good option for local travel), this cannot be done for airport pick-up.

Since your destination is a well known hotel, the chances of drivers playing tricks on you (such as pretending not to know where the place is, etc.) is relatively less. Do not worry.

If you still have concerns, you can try other options, e.g. taking the metro as suggested above, asking the hotel for airport transfers, booking a rental (at a fixed price, which is more expensive than even radiocab).

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
13,667 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Delhi Intl Airport to Le Meridien Delhi

Hi

Taking metro is also a good option.Airport metro is a world class metro and also not crowded.You can easily go Shivajee stadium and from metro station Le Meridian would be hardly 3 km.

Thanx

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Delhi Intl Airport to Le Meridien Delhi

Hello,

You can book both Pre-Paid taxi which is Delhi government undertaking , the booth is placed both inside and outside of the terminal. Radio Cab is expensive but comfortable booth is right outside Exit gate no. 5.

Regards,

Piyush

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
268 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Delhi Intl Airport to Le Meridien Delhi

Around 20 KMs, Appox INR 350 to 400. Radio cabs available just outside the exit gate. If you dont have much luggage, take Metro train.

8. Re: Taxi from Delhi Intl Airport to Le Meridien Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 05:16