We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

Aberdeenshire...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

Hi,

I've heard that usually trains in India are fully booked, so I was wondering if also for short routes it is needed to book in advance?

I want to go from Delhi to Agra and then to Jaipur and come back to Delhi - do you think I need to book tickets in advance or buying them in the train station at the day of travel is also ok?

Also, is it possible to buy tickets on one station for the train from another?

Many thanks,

Agnieszka

Delhi
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

I think you should book... considering you would prefer AC coaches....

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

it will be better to do your Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Delhi tour by Car instead of train.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

You can't get reserved tickets on your arrival. Better you book in advance through any local agent.

Arun

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

Hi

you can get all tickets on one station but there is no guarantee about availability. So better you book in advance according your itinerary and program with dates. The only best way by road if you can't get tickets on the spot. If you interested in country side monuments then hire reliable chauffeur services for your entire itinerary. because on the way of agra to jaipur their is fatehpur sikri, abhaneri step well and Monkey temple of jaipur. rest of your own personal designed. have a good time in golden triangle.

Thanks

india
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

hello good morning for everyone i well be just suggest if you have e naff time travel delhi agra jaipur delhi you can travel by train you can book train ticket in advance if your need air condition by indin rail website that's are beater thats cost are going all most same because your hire taxi in each city tours and going to rail way station pickup and transfer to station best way you can hire 1 taxi driver for all tours if your travel experience by train you book delhi agra train thats also you can book in advance thats are more safer your driver be transfer to rail way station and pickup you in agra station

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

The train tickets are supposed to be booked 60 days before the traveling date through railway site online or through tour operator...sometimes it gets hard to book online.

If u travel by train in all these cities then u will be arranging cars in each cities for pick up drop and city sightseeing as well....so it is better to hire car and driver for entire GT tour.

Regards

Rashid Agra

Jaipur
Level Contributor
533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

Dear Agu5ka,

If you want travel by train then, book the train ticket before 2 monts, or you can book by travel agent also. I will suggest you better to hire car and driver for tour - Delhi - Agra - Jaipur -

Aberdeenshire...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

Hi,

Thanks for answers. I think, we prefer travel by train. Maybe only agra - Jaipur by car, but where to book it and how much is it?

I want to go 31 August - 3 September, so not possible to book 60 days before. Does it mean, that I cant get any train tickets booked online now? Can I buy them for example tomorrow in Delhi in the train station?

Thanks,

Agnieszka

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

Hopefully you got it. Don't worry about tickets. Only big festival time quite crowd otherwise normal. My best wishes to you about your trip.

cheers

Agra, India
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delhi - Agra -Jaipur -Delhi train need booking?

Better to take help from any travel agent. He will book ticket as per your itinerary. You can face some transaction issue while booking ticket. Travel agent will do all work at very nominal price from USD 1-2 per ticket.