We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Connaught place in Delhi from domestic airport

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Going to Connaught place in Delhi from domestic airport

Hello all,

I have few hours in Delhi domestic airport which I am planning to use to visit Connaught place on a Sunday. It is approximately 4 hours between flights that I have. Can I go to Connaught place for a short visit and come back say using Metro rail. Can experts please guide me. It is more of a window shopping thing just to get a glimpse of delhi with its metro. It will be evening time from 5:00PM to 9:00PM. I have never been to Delhi otherwise.

Is the time sufficient for go and come back. Kindly advice. Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Chitra

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Connaught place in Delhi from domestic airport

Hi

Time is sufficient by metro. But domestic airport new part T3 or 1D old palam airport?

If new T3 airport then you can use metro otherwise not because Airport metro start from T3. 1D quite far fm station. hope you take other ultarnative transport for CP or connect to Metro Station.

Thanks

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India
Level Contributor
15,790 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Connaught place in Delhi from domestic airport

Hi

If you are flying with Go air,Indigo or Spice jet then it would be terminal 1D/A and if you are flying by Air India or Jet Airways/Connect then T3.T3 is directly connected with metro.Its a walking distance.If you are in 1D/A then nearest metro station would be Aerocity and you have to take cab to metro station.You can get metro feeder bus also for metro station but this will waste some time.

Thanx

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,681 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Connaught place in Delhi from domestic airport

Dear Chitra, if you are arriving in Terminal 1, then you can also just hire a vehicle and go to the nearby Qutb Complex for sightseeing and Khan Market for shopping.

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Connaught place in Delhi from domestic airport

You will not have enough time to go to CP and return by metro. You have to change from the Airport line and take another line from New Delhi to CP. With frequency of 15 min and change times, you will have very little time at CP.

Another alternative to the suggestions posted, you can go to Basant Lok market in Vasant Vihar, which is fairly close to the airport. Take a pre-paid taxi from the airport and catch an auto from Basant Lok. Should get you at least 2 hours there.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Connaught place in Delhi from domestic airport

Ok. To clarify a few, no need to change any metro. Take the feeder from 1D to Aerocity station and get the token for Shivaji Stadium station which 1 km from CP.

But yes this might be time consuming. Take pre-paid taxi. Dont forget to got to Wengers, Depauls, Odeon Paan and Khan Chacha :)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Connaught place in Delhi from domestic airport

Forget it ........ you need 2 + hours just to go and come back from the airport .

New Delhi, India
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Connaught place in Delhi from domestic airport

Seriously I have to say you that you Don't have enough Time to go to cp because its evening time and there will be more rush in road. And if you want to take metro than it also a time consumable option because there is no metro in terminal 1D.

8. Re: Going to Connaught place in Delhi from domestic airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:15