We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shimla - July/August

Which Shimla hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
abs
London
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Shimla - July/August

We are thinking about visit Shimla - could someone tell me whether there would be too much rain during

india shimla...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shimla - July/August

Yes their will be losof rain , but if you enjoy the rains and the fresh green lansape then its an ideal time to visit, stya in farmhouses in orchards and enjoy apple plucking being done during that time

Sandhya

www.adventurehills.com

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,249 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shimla - July/August

I am just back from Simla. Please see this trip report of our holiday, you may find it useful.

…blogspot.com/2008/…holiday-in-shivaliks.html

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shimla - July/August

Yup.. this is the season for rains in the hills and we get plenty of it in Shimla. The best part of traveling during this time is it is less crowded and you get good prices at the hotels. The scenery is lush green and there is this own charm to visit during rains.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shimla - July/August

I am also thinking about an August trip to Shimla, perhaps around independence day. The main purpose is to go hiking/ trekking.

Is the rain going to make this an unpleasant experience?

Will some of the walks be closed because of the weather?

Does the rain come in a series of short showers?

Shimla, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shimla - July/August

Shimla around independence day will be crowded. Better have the hotel booked in advance. It pours here in Shimla and sometimes for days! Small hikes around Shimla can be done to Jakhu peak.

Murrieta, California
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Shimla - July/August

Now that you've done Kalka-Shimla, you may want to read about what it was like in the pre-war days of the Britisj Raj. Glorious, not crowded and mystical beyond description. And all true!

http://OurNewScience.com/

And please do send me feedback and you won't regret it.

7. Re: Shimla - July/August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 07:21