We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shimla - Chandigarh by car

Melbourne, Victoria
Level Contributor
120 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Shimla - Chandigarh by car

My husband and I are thinking of hiring a car to take us from Shimla to Chandigarh. I would like to know how long I should allow for the journey (allowing for short stops along the way); and how much a car and driver would cost. Is the road in good condition? We'll be travelling in April. Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Shimla
Shimla
Shimla District, India
Delhi
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shimla - Chandigarh by car

Shimla to Chandigarh is a distance of 120kms. with 80 kms. of it being a hill drive.It should not take you more than 3.5 to 4 hours with a halt on the way.The road is good and should not be a problem.Approximate cost of vehicle with driver would be INR 1500/-.

Mentioned in this post
Shimla
Shimla
Shimla District, India
Melbourne, Victoria
Level Contributor
120 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shimla - Chandigarh by car

Thanks WWF Ranger - you've been most helpful.

3. Re: Shimla - Chandigarh by car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 15:17