We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shimla during end of November

Amsterdam
6 posts
Save Topic
Shimla during end of November

We are planning to have a trip to Shimal and Narkanda during end of November with my young kid. I expect it will be quite cold but temparature will be arround 5 to 10 C... Any suggestion ?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shimla during end of November

The only suggestion take warm clothing and may be a bottle of Brandy ;-)

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,661 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shimla during end of November

Since you are from Amsterdam, cold weather wont be a problem for you, rather you'll enjoy it. Stay at Oberoi in Shimla. But, I would suggest to stay at Fagu. There is a nice property of HPTDC. Because, Shimla is over congested now. You cannot move freely, most of the roads have traffic jam throughout the day.

Edited: 22 September 2010, 08:21
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shimla during end of November

If you are looking for a place that's not crowded than Chail is the place to be. It's above Shimla and has a great hotel 'Palace Hotel' run by HPTDC ;-)

india
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shimla during end of November

Hi,

If you are planning Narkanda there is HPTDC hotel Hatu.But i would suggest Thanedar about 15 kms ahead.Banjara Orchards is a lovely place to stay in middle of apple orchard.

Close to Shimla Oberoi Wildflower Hall is a great place depending on your budget.

Thanks

Amsterdam
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shimla during end of November

thaks from your suggestion

Amsterdam
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shimla during end of November

May I expect cab from Kalka to Shimla ; what is about spot booking

How they used to charge ?

Thanks in advance ..

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shimla during end of November

Rs. 6 per Km with minimum billing of 200 KMs for an Indica. You may contact Vivek, he has a contact no. at Chandigarh.

Amsterdam
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shimla during end of November

Thanks ...just came to know about the heavy snowfall ...As I have planned my trip arround end of Nov ; do I need to have a second though on this ?

Edited: 29 October 2010, 02:32
9. Re: Shimla during end of November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 07:23