We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delhi-shimla-delhi

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
delhi-shimla-delhi

i want to visit shimla during mid NOV with my girlfriend....

what can be the best possible plan for 3 days tour..

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,264 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: delhi-shimla-delhi

Day 1 : Arr Shimla.

Day 2 : Day tour to Fagu, Kufri, Naldehra. Afternoon - Roaming around the Ridge.

Day 3 : Day trip to Narkanda.

Edited: 26 July 2011, 12:12
Mentioned in this post
Fagu
Fagu
Shimla District, India
Kufri
Kufri
Shimla District, India
Naldehra
Naldehra
Shimla District, India
Narkanda
Narkanda
Shimla District, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: delhi-shimla-delhi

hw abt reaching shimla and hotel arrangements..

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,264 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: delhi-shimla-delhi

There are deluxe buses, taxis and trains between Delhi and Shimla. Hotels?? H. Crystal Palace, H. Holiday Home (HPTDC), Hotel Surya, H. Himland East, Wingait Inn, H. Sangeet, Tara Hall, H. Eve, H. Diplomat, H. Gulmarg, H. Shingar, H.Honeymoon, Balaji’s Regency.

Edited: 26 July 2011, 13:27
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Surya
Hotel Surya
241 Reviews
Shimla, India
Wingait Inn
Wingait Inn
83 Reviews
Shimla, India
Gulmarg
Gulmarg
Baramulla District, India
Srinagar, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: delhi-shimla-delhi

Take the Volvo Bus from Himachal Tourism on Janpath Road leaves 6 Pm from Delhi. Hotel Surya is a nice hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Surya
Hotel Surya
241 Reviews
Shimla, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
859 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: delhi-shimla-delhi

The journey to Shimla is more beautiful than the destination. The Kalka–Shimla Railway is a 2 ft 6 in (762 mm) narrow gauge railway in North-West India travelling along a mostly mountainous route from Kalka to Shimla. It is known for breathtaking views of the hills and surrounding villages. Spectacular scenery along the whole route, and the marvels of its construction, keeps the traveler on this line spell bound. The route offers a panoramic feast of the picturesque Himalayas from the Sivalik foot hills at Kalka to several important points such as Dharampur, Solan, Kandaghat, Taradevi, Barog, Salogra, Summerhill and Shimla at an altitude of 2,076 meters (6,811 ft).

The Kalka–Shimla Railway runs through 103 tunnels and the line has 864 bridges. Your trip is incomplete unless you experience this rail journey which has also been declared an UNESCO heritage site. I suggest you book on the KALKA DELHI HOWRAH MAIL (Train no. 12311) from Old Delhi Railway Station and reach Kalka at 04:30 a.m. From Kalka, book SHIVALIK DELUX EXPRESS (Train No. 52451) boarding at 05:30 a.m. and reaching Simla at 10:15 a.m. Make sure you get down at Barog and explore the railway station. It is the most beautiful railway station in India with cottages and fountain and cafe. It also has a history.

Spend Day one on the ridge and the mall and Lakkar Bazaar.

Day two: Hire a local cab to take you and your girlfriend to Kufri, Mashobra, Craignaino, Fagu and Naldhera. Dont miss the Zip course at Mashobra. Your girl will love it.

Day three: Go to Narkanda or spend the day on the ridge. There is nothing more beautiful than the ridge in shimla and I can spend everyday of my life there.

While coming back to Delhi, take a taxi and stop at Timber Trail, Parwanoo. Take your girl on the trolley ride at Timber Trail. It is a thrilling trip. Board your train from Kalka

Mentioned in this post
Lakkar Bazaar
Lakkar Bazaar
66 Reviews
Shimla, India
Kufri
Kufri
Shimla District, India
Mashobra
Mashobra
Shimla District, India
Fagu
Fagu
Shimla District, India
Naldhera
Naldhera
Shimla District, India
Narkanda
Narkanda
Shimla District, India
Parwanoo
Parwanoo
Solan District, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
859 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: delhi-shimla-delhi

Prateik,

The best place to stay in Shimla is The Grand for its location. Its right on the ridge but you need to know a Government employee to get a room in it. Your other option is Hotel White. Wherever you choose to stay it is important that you are bang on the Ridge or you wont be able to enjoy the evenings on the Ridge with your girl. All 3 days, take your girl out for an evening walk on the Ridge but be back by 9:30 p.m.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel White
Hotel White
186 Reviews
Shimla, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: delhi-shimla-delhi

hey thanx to all of u..

n vaishali u can become a vry good travel writer...

i am so amazed with all d details given by you dat i jst want to go there asap...

i have one more lil doubt in my mind abt d climatic condition of shimla at dat time..

i hope it wont be too advers during mid nov..

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,264 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: delhi-shimla-delhi

Shimla-Manali are doable in Mid November, though, Rohtang will be closed.

Edited: 01 August 2011, 08:30
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
859 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: delhi-shimla-delhi

Prateek,

I am glad you liked my posts and thanks for the compliment but the goal here is to be honest and provide you critical insight to plan your holiday so as to make it memorable. There is a LOT of difference between a trip, holiday and memorable holiday.

Two other hotels come to my mind. Combermere(2651246)(rs2500) and Baljees. Both are bang on the Mall. If you will stay on the Mall, your enjoyment will be double than slightly away. Shimla is quite enjoyable in mid November with a lot of fog. You will need to carry light and heavy wollens both. There will be a nip in the air. Light wollens during the day and heavy wollens in the evenings and for your trip to the higher ranges.

Remember, Kufri, fagu, Naldhera, Narkanda, mashobra are all nature spots. They are beautiful no doubt but there are millions of such spots in India and to be really honest they are no big deal BUT there is only ONE ridge in the world. It is like NO OTHER. So, enjoy the ridge and life on it. There is Goofa on the ridge. Its ideal for a lunch with your gal. Dont bother to go climbing to Jakhu Hill. Explore the tiny dhabas in Middle Mall. Have tibetan at Megha and chinese at Fung Ta and Aunty's chinese dhaba. Baljees is famous for its gulab jamuns and next to it are Chinese shops serving momo's. Try Tripti Bakery in Lakkar Bazaar for 7 star pastries at middle class prices. Try Choley Bhatura at SitaRam on Lakkar Bazaar. You will come back to shimla for his choley bhaturey!! Mehru Halwai in Lower Bazaar will serve desi ghee purees and lassi. Awsome food. I recall eating it 35 years ago and he is famous now but the shop size is still the same. Its difficult to even get a seat in season.

Its the ridge, the ridge and the ridge. Best gift for your gal will be Stick Jaws at a bakery called Beekays or Krishna Bakers. Stick Jaws are not available in most cities in India.

Carry some snacks when you go to Timber Trail heights, 2 miles up a hill from Timber Trail Resort. It is very expensive. One roti costs 60 bucks! but dont miss it. Its is like being on the top of the world.

If you have questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Mentioned in this post
Kufri
Kufri
Shimla District, India
Naldhera
Naldhera
Shimla District, India
Narkanda
Narkanda
Shimla District, India
Lakkar Bazaar
Lakkar Bazaar
66 Reviews
Shimla, India
Mehru Halwai
Mehru Halwai
16 Reviews
Shimla, India
India
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: delhi-shimla-delhi

Dear Vaishali,

How can I book at the Grand Hotel, Simla and how much do you think the rate is.

Thanks Keith

Mentioned in this post
Grand Hotel
Grand Hotel
35 Reviews
Shimla, India