We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

New Delhi, India
6 posts
Save Topic
Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

I will be arriving at kalka from New Delhi on 11:45 nov 14th by train.

Right now, I bought a waiting list ticket from kalka to shimla by 12:10 on the same day. I don't have confidence that I will be able to get onto the train. So can anyone tell me any buses or taxis to take and how is the fare appx. I need to get to shimla by the end of 14th.

It there any train ticket reserved for non-Indians on kalka station? Or what do you suggest to get to shimla by 14th?

Thanks

Bill

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,331 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

Hope the w/l ticket will get confirmed, because mid Nov is off season. Otherwise, get a cab from Kalka @Rs.1800-2000 to reach Shimla.

Edited: 09 November 2013, 12:31
New Delhi, India
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

thanks for the information, do you have someone who can drive the way? can you give me some contact information of some taxi drivers trusted.

B.Rgds/Bill

3. Re: Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 16:57
Edited: 10 November 2014, 16:57
Minnesota
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

Our group just returned from Shimla. Took the toy train to Shimla from Kalka and did not have a problem getting ticketed. We did use a car service for the return trip to Chandigarh (one stop away from Kalka). Much faster 2.5 hours, but not as enjoyable as the train at 5 hours. We booked car through MakeMyTrip.com. The online booking lets you pick size of car depending on number of passengers. We were 6 so it cost 3400 Rs for Toyota Innova. You pay in advance and they send you an electronic voucher that you present the driver. Worked well for us. They were an hour late picking us up Shimla, but we made the train at Chandigarh nonetheless. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

Dont ever go for JMK Travels Aman Anand/Bobby they are biggest fraud company. they have taken full amount from me in advance and not sent car for journey.

Now they are not even giving back my payment which i made.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
68 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

Please do not go with JMK Travels (Aman Aanand) (Alternate name:Kalkashimlataxi).. this is big cheater and fraud company.He will give you law rate then any others and say to deposits money in his account and later on he will give some excuses and not provide services.

He does not provides services and not refund amount.When u will call him. he will give u future dates for refund.

I know many people who are cheated by this company.

Manali
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

Do you know anything about this Aman Anand? You availed his services? Do you know he is a proclaimed offender? If you know anything about him, please tell me.

Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

Do Not Travel With Aman Anand, He Is A Thief, A Criminal And A Person Whose Parents Taught Him To Live On Stolen Money. My Name Is Manu Sharma, Lives In Jaipur, He Has Taken 30,000/- From Me But Neither Gave Services Nor My Amount As Refund. No Body Should Travel With This Cheater And Fraud Person. And I Will Make Sure He Should Get Enough Punishment For This Offence.

Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

Do Not Travel With Aman Anand, He Is A Thief, A Criminal And A Person Whose Parents Taught Him To Live On Stolen Money. My Name Is Manu Sharma, Lives In Jaipur, He Has Taken 30,000/- From Me But Neither Gave Services Nor My Amount As Refund. No Body Should Travel With This Cheater And Fraud Person. And I Will Make Sure He Should Get Enough Punishment For This Offence.

10. Re: Taxi or buses from kalka to shimla on nov.14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 09:08