We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit Shimla and Manali

Hyderabad, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Best time to visit Shimla and Manali

Hi,

We are planning to visit Shimla,Kullu Manali, Agra and Delhi in Jan last week.

Is this time preferred for these places?

So could you please suggest me the plan for it.I have 8/9 Days for this.

My main doubt is will there be snowfall during this period? and can we visit Rotang Pass during this time?

I am from Hyderabad.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit Shimla and Manali

Namaste!

You need atleast 6 nights for Shimla & Manali, if you wanna really enjoy it. Yes, there may be snowfall in Jan as it happened in Jan last year too.

You can do Agra visit within 1 day. & that is how you can do in 8-9 nights.

Himachal Pradesh...
Destination Expert
for Manali, Shimla
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit Shimla and Manali

Hi,

Suggestive itinerary -

Day1 : Arr Shimla, check-in hotel.

Day2 : Shimla – day trip to Kufri, Fagu, Naldehra, Chini. Evening – Strolling around the Ridge.

Day3 : To Manali, check-in hotel, rest.

Day4 : Manali – Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Vasisth Kund etc. Afternoon – Shopping.

Day5 : Day trip to Kothi, Rahala, Gulaba.

Day6 : Solang Valley and Naggar.

Day7 : To Dharamsala

Day8 : Dharamsala - Bhagsu Nag, Dal Lake, Naddi. Transfer to Delhi

Thanks & Regards

Guru Manali

3. Re: Best time to visit Shimla and Manali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2013, 17:26
Hyderabad, India
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to visit Shimla and Manali

Hi GuruManali,

Thanks for your response

Could the itinerary be modified in order to cover amritsar golden temple, tajmahal and delhi(qutub minar, red fort etc./)

I am not planning dharmasala.

I want to cover shimla,kullu,manali,agra,delhi and amritsar temple.

Thanks in advance.

5. Re: Best time to visit Shimla and Manali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:19