I have approximately three weeks to spend in India and would like to spend two of those weeks in Mysore for a yoga course. At the same time, I'd like to visit some other sights around the area, both while staying in Mysore, and then for another week, while travelling around. Please keep in mind that I am young female traveller going alone...first major international trip.
1. I'd like to go to Bylakupee. Should I think about staying overnight here or doing this as a day trip from Mysore? What other 'day trips' can I do if I were to have a yoga class in the morning and want to get to bed early at night?
2. During my 'free week,' I was hoping to explore Kerala. Is this close enough to travel to from Mysore? What are the transportation options?
3. I'd also like to see the Tiger Reserve (Thekkady) and do a trip along the Kerala backwaters, as well as visit a hill station and a beach area... Is it possible to leave Mysore and do these things in a week? Or tell me which hill station/beach to go to? I'd love to do some hiking...I hike the Rockies here in Canada but as I'm backpacking I'm not sure if I will be bringing my hiking shoes as they will be a huge weight.
4. Right now I'm flying in and out of Bangalore but I'm wondering if there is a closer city to fly out of? I am flying in from Canada but will be flying to Bangkok so perhaps there is another airport which does regional flights?
5. If anyone could offer any other tips for my intinerary, that would be wonderful! Thank you!