We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Mysore.....Close to Yoga School please.

Which Mysuru (Mysore) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
231 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Mysore.....Close to Yoga School please.

Hello - I will be traveling to Mysore in Mid November for Yoga studies and Practice.

I'm looking for a Hotel for the first 5-7 nights on arrival that is close to the school (walking distance) is safe, clean and offers meals (Vegetarian).

The school is Mysore Mandala and the address is : -897/1, Narayan Shastry Road,Lakshmipuram.

I'm planning to stay for a few months minimum and will be looking for a small flat or apartment.....what do you suggest is the best way to go about this? Through the school, an agent, or beat the feet?

thanks very much :)

MIAMI
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay in Mysore.....Close to Yoga School please.

HI, I am planning to go for the teacher training program at Mysore Mandala,

but not sure yet. How was your experience??

thanks

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
231 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay in Mysore.....Close to Yoga School please.

Hello.

I have been in Mysore since Nov 12, 2012 and have been taking Ashtanga classes at Mysore Mandala the whole time.

I have not been involved in the Teaching Training held at the school, but my teacher, M. V. Chidananda is the same person taking the course. I am still a beginner and have just been working on my practice and learning the primary series.

The Shala has moved recently and is not the same as the one shown on their website.

It is difficult for me to comment on Mysore Mandala as I have nothing to compare it to :) - However, it is quite small(20 people max in the Shala), the teacher is a wonderful man, very patient, elegant, speaks excellent english and his knowledge and Yoga Practice is incredible. The people running Mandala are very nice, there always to help you out and the cafe inside serves good food at reasonable prices.

I am leaving next week to head to Sri Lanka, but will be returning in April to continue my studies with Chidananda.

There are 3-4 other schools in the Lakshimpuram area of Mysore that are held in high regard.

Please let me know if you have any other questions as I may be able to help you out.

I don't think you would be disappointed with Mysore Mandala, but I think alot depends on your level of Ashtanga and wether you actually want to teach or just would like to improve your knowledge and practice.

Cheers.

Mysuru (Mysore...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay in Mysore.....Close to Yoga School please.

You can take a look at our website www.guestinnmysore.com

14. Re: Where to stay in Mysore.....Close to Yoga School please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 07:16