We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit Munnar or Mysore

Which Mysuru (Mysore) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
18 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
visit Munnar or Mysore

We have the option of visiting Munnar (Kerala) or Mysore. I'd love to know what members of the travel forum who have been to both think. Thanks so much.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit Munnar or Mysore

Mysore will be my choice .the beautiful palace of mysore ,and gold temple near (kushalnagar) are amazing site . Be there on Sunday to see eliminated palace.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,053 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visit Munnar or Mysore

As far as beauty of nature is concerned, Munnar is fantastic. Mysore is enriched with heritage sights like Srirangapatana, Mysore Palace, Chamundi Temple, Philomena [sorry for the spelling] Church, Jagmohan Art Gallery and Brindavan Garden.

Edited: 16 November 2012, 10:57
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visit Munnar or Mysore

So both are completely different and i guess its no point bringing a comparison between these 2.

choose Munnar , if you want to stay away from the daily hustel and bustle of city life and spend some time at places with rural touch.

Choose mysore , if its a trip to a city with historical importance . its more of a learning and experiencing trip for you.

4. Re: visit Munnar or Mysore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 14:18