We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

I am planning to travel from Mumbai to Banglore on 2 August 2013 and accordingly want to know the itenery for Ban-My-and coorg. I am travelling with 2 kids aged 7 and 5. No of days avail is 5 days. Can somesuggest the how shd I plan for the same. Also let me know the places to be seen in Mysore apart from the Palace.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

Day 1: Bangalore sight-seeing trip . Night stay at Bangalore.

Day 2: Move to Mysore . On the way visit Kaveri Dam, Srirangapatna,Tipu's summer palace and fort , Chamundeswari temple on the hill , St Philomenas church , Mysore palace. these are the common tourist must visits in mysore. Night stay at Mysore.

Day 3: Visit Mysore Zoo . Take extra time to see it completely . Kids would love it. Move to Coorg (120 kms). Night stay at Madikeri in Coorg

Day 4: Coorg

Day 5: Coorg. Evening return journey to Bangalore/Mysore for Mumbai.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

Dear Sir

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs. Further just wanted to know to cover the places in Mysore as suggested by you what time I should leave Banglore on Day 2 to reach Mysore. What is the travel time between these two places. I will be taking Innova car. Thanks a ton..

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

Bangalore to Mysore is approx 140-150 kms and takes about 2 hrs in private vehicles .

you can leave Bangalore by 8 AM .

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

Thank you for your valuable time spent..

Pune
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Aurangabad
Level Contributor
845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

If you are from Mumbai, I would recommend directly going to Mysore. If you are flying into B'lore, you can take a rented car directly from airport to Mysore. Takes 3 hours from outer roads. If you get in a city you are stuck !!

I tell everyone who goes to Coorg, visit - Buddhit monastery and Dubare Elephant park on the way. You must visit Elephant park in the early morning to enjoy it fullest. If you dont have the kids skip Elephant park. You can read more details at tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g503697-d498…

While on the way back if you drive directly from Coorg to B'lore count 6-7 hours.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

thanks for the valuable suggestion. Highly appreciate.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

Hi janesh24,

Include brindavan garden at 7 pm as you halt at mysore you will see the beautiful garden with fountain and lighting

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
19 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

Suggestion noted. Thanks for your valuable input

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

please suggest how can one go to mysore n coorg via public transport (alone) and be back the same day, or if ther are any safe n cheap cab services that anyone can suggest.

Thanks!

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
868 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Banglore - Mysore - Coorg trip suggestion please

Hi

There are ksrtc buses plying in the route. Bangalore - Mysore is 3 Hours and Mysore - Coorg is 3 hours. Same day returning will be too hectic.

Regards

Sam