We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advise and help

Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
advise and help

Hi all,

i was hoping that somebody could give me a start in working out our itinery for a month holiday next yeai in southern india. We know we are happy to take in mysore and tamil nadu but do not want to go to goa or kerala. The reason being that we have spent 2 seperate 6 week holidays touring these extensively. We really do not know where else we should be heading for. We love culture and sights and a little relaxation at the end. We usually self travel by public transport and enjoy some trekking. Please can anybody get me started. Thank you Chris

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advise and help

A lot would depend on the time of the year you plan to travel.For nature walks,treks the areas that may interest you would be Coorg , Ooty region. around Sakleshpur Mysore provides easy access to many forest reserves and water bodies with birding opportunities.

If you start at Chennai you could travel to Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Trichy, Tanjore, Madurai, Kodaikanal,Coimbatore, Nilgiris, Bandipur,Coorg with Dubare, Mysore with Ranganathitoo,Hampi,Bangalore.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
488 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advise and help

Hi thank you, i should have said between jan and mid march that is why we thought south. We have done nepal to delhi including varanasi,agra,jaipur already, chris.We are grateful for any sugestions

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advise and help

Hi,

Plan Halebeedu/Belur/Hampi/Badami/Aihole/Patadakkal/Bijapur & Coorg/Mysore/Bandipur/Ooty/Madurai/Rameswaram/Pondichery/Mahabalipuram/Chennai.

The above circuit includes palaces,nature,wildlife,beaches,archeological monuments,etc; & covers Karnataka & Tamil Nadu.

Edited: 30 December 2013, 04:06
Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advise and help

The period you have chosen is a good time as it would not be too warm. The clusters you could consider would be (a)Chennai with Mahabalipuram and Pondicherry..

(b)Trichy,Tanjore,Madurai (c)Mysore Coorg with the Nilgiris and a few game reserves.

(d) Hampi

Since a and b are the warmest maybe best to start with those.Maybe end with a nature resort by the river rather than a beach.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
488 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advise and help

Hi, thank you to all.

We have been to Hampi for 3 days so we will not revisit.

i will now start looking at your suggestions. Where do yyou think we should relax at the end,

thank you

chrisxx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
488 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advise and help

Hi, thank you to all.

We have been to Hampi for 3 days so we will not revisit.

i will now start looking at your suggestions. Where do yyou think we should relax at the end,

thank you

chrisxx

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advise and help

Hi,

Plan Coorg/Bandipur/Ooty circuit in the end for a complete relaxation.Plan a home stay in Coorg.

8. Re: advise and help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Mysuru (Mysore)
Recent Conversations