We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to get to Colaba district

Saffron Walden...
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
Time to get to Colaba district

Hi everyone, I am landing in Mumbai from the UK at 11.15am on a Saturday in December and am booking a tour booked from 2pm from the Gateway of India to do the Local Transport tour. I will be checking into the Gordon House hotel before the tour and which is five minutes walk to the gateway, is it realistic that I will get there in time for the start of the tour?

4 replies to this topic
Pune, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Time to get to Colaba district

I am assuming you will take a cab to travel to the Gordon House hotel. Now, practically your cab should start at around 12.15 pm (an hour from touchdown) (considering security checks and immigration etc.)

As per Google Maps, the distance from airport to Gordon House is ~25 km which takes an hour to reach. In reality, considering the traffic, you should add buffer of 45 minutes. You said Saturday, that's why I am considering 1 hour and 45 minutes. On a weekday it could go upto 2 hours.

So you should reach just in time at 2 pm. May be you can make it. I am not sure. There's no time to check in and have a little time off. So, sounds impractical.

Edited: 19 March 2018, 10:55
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
13,002 posts
12 reviews
31 helpful votes
2. Re: Time to get to Colaba district

If you leave the airport by 12:15, you will reach your hotel by 1:15 or at the most 1:30. You might want to ask the company to move the tour to 2:30 to give you a little more breathing space.

India
Level Contributor
51 posts
119 reviews
130 helpful votes
3. Re: Time to get to Colaba district

Its too tight. What if the flight is late? What if the bags take time to come?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
182 reviews
194 helpful votes
4. Re: Time to get to Colaba district

1 hour 30 minutes should be the time you consider including a buffer to reach Colaba latest. Saturdays makes it a bit easier but not as much as on a Sunday.

Reply to: Time to get to Colaba district
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted