We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 hrs near Marine line Mumbai

1 post
6 hrs near Marine line Mumbai

My Sister have work near Marine line ,Mumbai from 11am to 6pm and I would accompany her to work. So I got free time from 11 to 6. Can you suggest what can I do in this time in Mumbai?

I am foodie ...so also suggest some good unique eatery near by?

2 replies to this topic
India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: 6 hrs near Marine line Mumbai

You are better off heading to Fort rather than hanging around Marine Lines. It is not a long walk, and there are a number of things that you can do there, starting off with a visit to Elephanta Caves.

Many iconic restaurants in that area. But without an idea of budget or dietary preferences, I can only direct you to TA's restaurant review or Zomato.com.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
172 reviews
2. Re: 6 hrs near Marine line Mumbai

Marine Lines has a lovely old Our Lady of Dolours Church nearby which is worth seeing. The Framji Cawasji Institute and Free Reading Room and Library is worth a visit too. CST railway station's Central Railway headquarters building is worth seeing in the afternoon on a guided tour of the heritage building along with it's heritage museum only on weekdays from 3:30 pm till 5:30 pm. Princess Street and Kalbadevi area are nearby too with some old buildings with lovely architecture. Fort area is worth visiting to see the old heritage buildings on DN Road.

Eating out is not a problem as there are many interesting restaurants which serve various cuisines like Parsi (Kyani's, Sassanian, Parsi Dairy Farm and Paris Bakery), Moghlai (Jafferbhai's Delhi Durbar and Metro), Goan (Snowflake and Castle), South Indian Non Vegetarian Coastal (Liberty) and many South Indian vegetarian Udupi style restaurants, etc. There are many beer bars in the area too like Felicia and Harvics. Kit Kat and other bars also abound in the area. Mahatma Jotiba Phule (Crawford) Market is nearby too with some other places to eat nearby there too.

Cheers,

Aadil.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 10:57
Reply to: 6 hrs near Marine line Mumbai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted